Traktor S3 no audio

Burglebutt
Burglebutt Member Posts: 5 Newcomer

Hi there,

I just bought a Traktor s3 but I have no sound. I am using a presonus audiobox usb 96 external soundcard. Does anybody know what my settings should be? I am on windows 10.

also am I supposed to use my headphones connected to the Traktor s3 or to my external sound card?

lastly am I supposed to use my external sound card as my audio device on windows or traktors3?

Thank you

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Burglebutt
    Answer ✓

Lol duh I figured it out, I had to click the little headphones icon

Answers

• Burglebutt
    Answer ✓

Lol duh I figured it out, I had to click the little headphones icon

• Karlos Santos
    Karlos Santos Member Posts: 136 Advisor

Welcome to the forum.

Is there any reason why you aren't using the sound card inside the S3?

Presonus make great sound cards, I've had at least 2 myself.

Karlos.

• Sunborn
    Sunborn Member Posts: 2,241 Expert

OK, I couldn't resist to comment...🤨

I don't understand, what is the purpose of all those drivers!!! It is impossible (and completely useless? unpractical?) to have all these devices connected to a system at the same time.

So i assume that you installed ALL NI drivers without actually have the hardware. Also, since you have at least 2 very good devices (Audiobox and S3), having the ASIO4ALL makes no sense.

My point is that you make your system "heavier" without reason. My suggestion is to uninstall all the unnecessary drivers, since they have absolutely no purpose.

Simply said: They do not work without their hardware device!

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert

@Burglebutt

It is better to use ASIO drivers. And I see you have no ASIO drivers for S3 or Presonus Audiobox usb 96.

• Burglebutt

To be honest I don't even know how all those things got installed, I will look into uninstalling the drivers I don't use though.

Thank you,

-Burglebutt

• Burglebutt

Does anybody know how I can uninstall unused NI drivers such as all the ones here I don't even have the hardware for?

Thanks,

-Burglebutt

• Sunborn
    Sunborn Member Posts: 2,241 Expert
    edited April 2022

same as with any other program! Control Panel -> Programs and Features (for Windows)

there is a possibility that they are not there however (sometimes Windows have one uninstaller for the whole suite)... in this case, use a more "insightful" cleaning software (such as the excellent CCleaner) ...free version can do it, you don't have to buy it.

also check out the comment by Kubrak. Indeed you do not have ASIO drivers for your main devices but you have for anything else! What he says is the only thing you really need. ASIO drivers for S3 and Presonus Audiobox! Nothing else.