Unable to install on M3 mac, when is a native access that works going to be released?

Options
Patrick Pagano
Patrick Pagano Member Posts: 7 Member

I just tried unsuccessfully for an hour to install ANYTHING via Native Access on my new imac m3. I tried all the Full Disk Access hints, the uninstall stuff and the re-install, It does not work.

I use KONTAKT all the time and need it for client work and teaching. This Native access has painted NI and me into a corner, Thousands of dollars of content inaccessible.

This needs to be fixed ASAP

Best Answer

• Patrick Pagano
    Answer ✓
    Options

I switched Private Relay off/on and then off again and it worked.

On Your MAcbook go to settings and go to Full Disk Access --> give Native Access & NTK Daemon Full Disk Access. You have to navigate to select them both Applications-->Native Access and NTK Daemon [do a google to find where it lives, I think it's Library--Application Support--Native Instruments--NTK Daemon but google and check, then go to Settings and click on you and go to your icloud settings and turn OFF, Private Relay in ICloud. Then REBOOT. After Reboot, stuff will work

Answers

• woza
    woza Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

I'm in the same position. I've just bought a MacBook Pro with a M3 Pro chip. I have Machine, Konplete 14, Traktor Pro 3 and loads more software. Nothing will download.

so frustrated!!

• Patrick Pagano
    Options

YuP

They need to fix this ASAP

• Ed M
    Ed M Member Posts: 148 Advisor
    Options

try shutting off Private Relay in your iCloud settings, reboot, open Native Access and try to install again. If needed, when finished in NA, turn Private Relay back on.

• Patrick Pagano
    Options

Private Relay was already off, thanks though Ed M.

• Remosant
    Remosant Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

In my case, native Access force me to install NTKDaemon, of which little is known. I have a Mac m3 pro. @nativeinstrument can you clarify?

• Patrick Pagano
    Answer ✓
    Options

I switched Private Relay off/on and then off again and it worked.

On Your MAcbook go to settings and go to Full Disk Access --> give Native Access & NTK Daemon Full Disk Access. You have to navigate to select them both Applications-->Native Access and NTK Daemon [do a google to find where it lives, I think it's Library--Application Support--Native Instruments--NTK Daemon but google and check, then go to Settings and click on you and go to your icloud settings and turn OFF, Private Relay in ICloud. Then REBOOT. After Reboot, stuff will work

• Woolly Wave
    Woolly Wave Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

May I ask if this problem has been resolved. I want to buy a macbook m3 that's why he asks.

• dwendell_music
    dwendell_music Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

Shutting off Private Relay worked for me. Thanks.

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 2,822 mod
    Options

If it is 'a problem' that is fixed by "switching Private Relay off" then don't expect there to be another fix than that !