how do you un register a serial number

Options
Nickalexpoole
Nickalexpoole Member Posts: 28 Member

Hi I want to return my Native instruments Maschine Mikro and Komplete Kontrol 61. How can I un register the serial numbers so I can return them to the shop?

Best Answer

• Nickalexpoole
    Answer ✓
    Options

Haha cheers all for the ideas. I have a good relationship with my local retailer and going to change platforms from NI to Arturia. So I'll take the NI stuff back to him and just change it over. I've mailed NI about it so hopefully they will get on to it early next week. But thanks anyway, there's a great community here of helpful people, I always appreciate the responses

Answers

• Milos
    Milos Member Posts: 1,939 Guru
    Options

I think there is a better alternative:

It is probably possible to just give them away to someone else or sell it to someone else.

You can type on Google: native instruments transfering license, or you can type "selling my software native instruments.

Let me know if it helped you.

• Nickalexpoole
    Options

Thanks for the reply Milos.

I would prefer to return the stuff to the shop I bought it from so I can get my full money back but they won't accept the items back until I un register the serials

• Milos
    Options

Well then, you can sell it to someone else.

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,406 Expert
    Options

I'm not aware of any way to unregister that a user just can do.

Best bet is to contact support (Will take a while, they are swamped at the moment.)

You can transfer a license, but I don't think this will help you.

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,884 mod
    Options

Please don’t do what Milo’s is telling you. Selling something that you are going to return makes no sense whatsoever…

People would just buy tons of things, sell licenses the return the products and get full refunds… basically keep the refund + sell it = and infinite money glitch. There is no way in hell this is legal or allowed.

Just get in touch with support abou your return and they will handle unregistering things.

• Milos
    Options

He just wants to get the exact amount of money back...

You can just put the exact same prices for these products and that is problem solved.

I don't understand the issue with this solution, but if they have better and more efficient answers, then listen to them, good sir.

• Nickalexpoole
    Answer ✓
    Options

Haha cheers all for the ideas. I have a good relationship with my local retailer and going to change platforms from NI to Arturia. So I'll take the NI stuff back to him and just change it over. I've mailed NI about it so hopefully they will get on to it early next week. But thanks anyway, there's a great community here of helpful people, I always appreciate the responses

• Jamie Hunter
    Jamie Hunter Member Posts: 28 Member
    Options

No one is going to pay the retail price for an item that has been used, so he wouldn't get the same money back. Returning to the shop is only way that will happen.

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,884 mod
    edited January 28
    Options

Humm... I made the silly assumption that by "shop" OP meant the online NI shop.

If thats not the case just return it normally to the store, I think retail shops have the responsibility to get in touch with NI and release the licenses for returned HW/SW but if you want to be a nice person just in case the store messes up then send a ticket and tell NI about your return with all the details.

Don't waste time as return period changes depending on your country laws, some places it's 14 days others 30.

• Nickalexpoole
    Options

Thanks for the advice D-One.

I've returned the stuff back to the shop now and created a ticket with NI. I felt compelled to make sure the serials were released because I bought another NI keyboard from Thomann (which I have also returned) and it said it was already registered to someone else. This infuriated me as all I wanted to do was plug it in and start playing with my new shiny plug ins. I couldn't do that to another person 😂