Traktor Pro 2 - Sample Length

Options
Garner
Garner Member Posts: 15 Member

Hi,

I am looking to cut up parts of different tracks in Cubase to create a mashup that I want to play using the sample decks of Traktor Pro 2. What is the maximum sample length when using Traktor Pro in this way?

I have a Kontrol S8 controller.

Cheerz

Nathan

Answers

• Milos
    Milos Member Posts: 1,966 Guru
    Options

You mean what is the maximum duration of an audio sample allowed for Traktor?

• Garner
    Options

Yes sir :-)

• Milos
    Milos Member Posts: 1,966 Guru
    Options

If that is what you mean, I would recommend experimenting on that before you play your music on live concerts, gigs, etc.

It's just like when you want to compose a song, then before you upload it to social media, you experiment with the mix, individual tracks, which track should be louder and which quieter, you get the point.

So always remember: in order to be prepared for something, experiment and play around with that before you do that same thing more seriously and professionally!

Have fun DJing, good sir!

• Garner
    Options

I don't play live anymore. I retired 20 years ago from live performance apart from the occasional set on Twitch. No, I'm getting the feel right for this remix before I start deep learning a DAW like Ableton.

My question still remains, what is the maximum duration of an audio sample allowed for Traktor using the sample decks?

• c0nsul
    c0nsul Member Posts: 299 Pro
    Options

I dont think there is a limitation. The loop recorder is limited to 32 beats.

• Garner
    Options

Great. Thank you. I'm going to give it a shot this weekend.