Playlists not saving edits

Options
GooseStuart
GooseStuart Member Posts: 4 Member

Hello all,

After spending the last few months finishing cleaning up my library, I was ready to start building a new playlist. But every time I take a couple of hours to edit the list it seems all for naught because when I reopen Traktor the next day or a couple days later, none of my playlist edits have saved. I'm stuck with the same playlist I started with at the beginning as if I'd never made any changes. I've never had this issue before, was always happy to simply make my edits then be sure to close the program out correctly and it always seemed to save. Do I need to start exporting and importing my playlists each time I close and open Traktor? Is there a simple save feature I've been overlooking? This only seems to have started in the last month and I don't believe I've made any significant changes to my system that could cause this effect.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Karlos Santos
    Karlos Santos Member Posts: 136 Advisor
    Answer ✓
    Options

When you close Traktor does it show a dialog saying 'Storing Traktor Collection' ?

Traktor saves all your work when it closes successfully. If Traktor does not close properly your work will be lost.

What you can do before closing Traktor is goto: Track Collection -> Save Collection.

This will save all your work just like 'Save As…' does in Microsoft Word (or other apps).

It's good practice to Export your collection regularly (uncheck the option Copy Tracks To Destination).

If the issue is being caused by Traktor not closing down properly, this is often caused by a corrupt TraktorSettings.tsi . You can close Traktor, delete the TraktorSettings.tsi from the Traktor folder and then open Traktor. It will create a new settings.tsi.

Warning: this will delete your settings/layout/favourites so you must back up Traktor before deleting the file. Also back up any custom controller.tsi by exporting them from Preferences.

Let us know how you get on.

Karlos.

Answers

• Karlos Santos
    Karlos Santos Member Posts: 136 Advisor
    Answer ✓
    Options

When you close Traktor does it show a dialog saying 'Storing Traktor Collection' ?

Traktor saves all your work when it closes successfully. If Traktor does not close properly your work will be lost.

What you can do before closing Traktor is goto: Track Collection -> Save Collection.

This will save all your work just like 'Save As…' does in Microsoft Word (or other apps).

It's good practice to Export your collection regularly (uncheck the option Copy Tracks To Destination).

If the issue is being caused by Traktor not closing down properly, this is often caused by a corrupt TraktorSettings.tsi . You can close Traktor, delete the TraktorSettings.tsi from the Traktor folder and then open Traktor. It will create a new settings.tsi.

Warning: this will delete your settings/layout/favourites so you must back up Traktor before deleting the file. Also back up any custom controller.tsi by exporting them from Preferences.

Let us know how you get on.

Karlos.

• GooseStuart
    GooseStuart Member Posts: 4 Member
    Options

Thanks for the tips! I knew there was a way to save playlists, I forgot that it's a "whole collection save" rather than saving an individual playlist.

It was coming up with the "Storing Traktor Collection" dialog when closing, which is why I was confused that it wasn't showing my changes. It was like it was loading an old collection file when it opened. I'll try making a backup TraktorSetting.tsi and I'll do full export for everything then bring it all back in again.

Thanks again for your help, Karlos!

Goose