Guitar Rig 7 Free not showing up in Ableton Live 11 despite uninstalling & reinstalling

Options
gmarwane
gmarwane Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Hi,

I downloaded Guitar Rig 7 but couldn't make it show up in Ableton.

I kind of messed it up the first time because I moved some files of Native Instruments & Guitar Rig in my (D:) disk to save space on my (C:) disk as I had not understood Guitar Rig is VST3 only and appears in a default folder (I'm pretty new to the whole DAW & plug-ins stuff)

So after going through differents related posts on this forum, I decided to start all over again and uninstall both Native Instruments & Guitar Rig 7, trying to delete every related file I could find.

Then, I reinstalled Native Instruments, redownloaded Guitar Rig 7, made sure the vst3 file showed up in the C/Program Files/Common File/VST3 default folder, relaunched Ableton, rescanned the whole thing... still not showing up in Ableton!

So I decided for a test to download another plug-in, I downloaded Kontakt 7 from Native Instruments, and it worked.

So I tried AGAIN to reinstall Guitar Rig 7 after that, from the "reinstall" feature in the Native Instrument interface... but in Ableton still, the Native Instruments will only show up Kontakt 7.

I don't know what to do, I don't know what is going wrong :(

Million million thanks in advance for trying to help!

Best Answer

• reffahcs
    reffahcs Member Posts: 845 Guru
    Answer ✓
    Options

Is it installed in C:\Program Files\Common File or Common Files? It should be Common Files.

I suspect it was just a typo, so perhaps there is a registry setting that is stuck in your old configuration when it was installed in a different location?

Verify you can find the guitar rig 7 VST3 in Windows File Explorer.

Then in Ableton, goto Preferences -> Plug-Ins -> Use VST3 Plug-In Custom Folder -> On

VST3 Plug-In Custom Folder - Browse to the location that you verified in Windows File Explorer.

Then click rescan.

Now back in the main Ableton screen click Plug-Ins on the left, then VST3 -> Native Instruments and you should see Guitar Rig 7

Answers

• reffahcs
    reffahcs Member Posts: 845 Guru
    Answer ✓
    Options

Is it installed in C:\Program Files\Common File or Common Files? It should be Common Files.

I suspect it was just a typo, so perhaps there is a registry setting that is stuck in your old configuration when it was installed in a different location?

Verify you can find the guitar rig 7 VST3 in Windows File Explorer.

Then in Ableton, goto Preferences -> Plug-Ins -> Use VST3 Plug-In Custom Folder -> On

VST3 Plug-In Custom Folder - Browse to the location that you verified in Windows File Explorer.

Then click rescan.

Now back in the main Ableton screen click Plug-Ins on the left, then VST3 -> Native Instruments and you should see Guitar Rig 7