More information on future updates M+

Options
2»

Comments

• OhulahanBass
    OhulahanBass Member Posts: 141 Pro
    Options

The kernel issue keeps me in Maschine 2 as opposed to standalone, as my mics, Bass DI, and synths are plugged into the Motu, and it's just more convenient for me to operate in the box in my office/studio. If all I need to do is swap a USB cable that would be ideal for me!

I'm glad this is a top priority!

• MaikR
    MaikR Member Posts: 171 Advisor
    Options

Thanks for the update! Exactly what we / I was looking for. Parts of a roadmap… what’s plannend, what’s worked on, what’s coming up and some raw estimations.

Personally, I’m considering new features or functionality as nice to have, workflow improvements are want to have, and these kind of stability and compatibility improvements are must have updates. Looking forward to that kernel update 🙏🏻

• AdelV
    AdelV Member Posts: 223 Pro
    Options

Nice to see that something is happening or is planner! <3 😍

• MaikR
    Options

In the meantime Roland released another great update to the SP-404mk2 (version 4.04), which includes a load of much requested features.

Not only does it make the device an even more capable, creative sampler (if you’re willing to ‘muscle-memorize’ the shortcuts and therefor learn it as an instrument), but they did something not a lot of users saw coming… an extremely useful integration with the Koala sampler app on iOS / ipadOS.

This move made it from some sort of a ‘competitor’ into a valuable 3P ‘companion’ app, which extends the capabilities of the SP404 with offline STEMS separation, more filter power and sequencing capabilities. Much of it controllable from the SP and exchanging audio ‘class compliant’ via USB-C.

• Percivale
    Percivale Member Posts: 209 Advisor
    Options

and they could keep to a deadline for launch, i.e. 4 April 2024.

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,311 Expert
    edited April 6
    Options

Any word about iConnectivity Audio 4+ ?

It’s a wonderful audio interface, since it’s probably the only interface that allows to be used with 2 devices at the same time (therefore plugging any other device audio/midi to Maschine+, e.g competitors like Force or MPC, or any other Groovebox or synth and also devices like iPads, and that’s a huge bonus, since one of the “weak” points of M+ is the not so vaste number of instruments it has..using this audio interface allows to bring a whole word of iPad/desktop plugins and hardwares to the standalone world of M+)

Unluckily atm it is not really usable, since every now and then it loses the connection and must be plugged out and in again to make it work

• Psyearth5
    Psyearth5 Member Posts: 183 Helper
    Options

It was announced on April 1. 😂

However it would be almost nessery to add at least two or more Play heads for Granular sounds and separate pitchers would only make sense.

Another useful thing would be option for Encoders ajustment for lowering sensitivity because Maschine Plus is behaving like MK3 and I found hard to dial specific Value.

• MaikR
    Options

Except for the USB-A connections of the Audio4+ the Audio4c has the same architecture and offers two USB-C ports for connecting the class compliant devices. I also think other recent iConnectivity basically use the same architecture for audio and/or MIDI, and therefore they can all be used with the same Auracle software (older devices can’t be made compatible). So if the Audio4c or + are tested compatible, I think the other devices in the product line would work.

• MaikR
    Options
  • LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,311 Expert
    Options

Let’s hope. It’s a one of a kind device and having it work consistently would be awesome 👍🏼

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,364 Expert
    Options

@Psyearth5 wrote

Another useful thing would be option for Encoders ajustment for lowering sensitivity because Maschine Plus is behaving like MK3 and I found hard to dial specific Value.

Hold Shift while turning encoder.

• MaikR
    Options