No vst for Guitar Rig 7 ...?

Options
Munkeystu
Munkeystu Member Posts: 4 Newcomer

Have I just been duped into buying a standalone version of Guitar Rig 7.

I checked out the free Guitar Rig 6 vst plugin and was impressed, but wanted more Amps, so I purchased the Guitar Rig 7 only to find that there is no vst plugin (no .dll file) with it??

Am I going to have to get a refund?? Or is there an error and there should be a vst plugin for it.

Best Answer

• Milos
    Milos Member Posts: 1,947 Guru
    Answer ✓
    Options

Do you have Native Access?

Answers

• Milos
    Answer ✓
    Options

Do you have Native Access?

• reffahcs
    reffahcs Member Posts: 846 Guru
    Options
  • Munkeystu
    Options

VST3 or VST2 doesn’t matter. I have other VST3 plugins. My problem was that when I installed it through Native access I didn’t notice an option for VST3.

So is there an option to choose to install as a VST3 plugin instead of a standalone version?

If so, how do I do that?

Cheers in advance..

• Milos
    Options

Hmm...hold on...

Do you use a DAW?

If you do, try to use Scan VST option and then check the folder where the app of the Guitar Rig is!

Let me know if it helped!

• reffahcs
    Options

It installs the VST3 as well as the standalone version when installed through Native Access.

Windows or Mac, Native Access installs the GT7 VST3 to the default VST3 location. Check your folder and it should be there. If not you'll need to reinstall as suggested in the link I sent you in my previous message.

• Munkeystu
    Options

Okay, well it didn’t install the VST3. I checked all the potential locations and there was nothing.

I’ll check again tomorrow and reinstall if necessary.

• Eddie_NI
    Eddie_NI Product Team Posts: 357 mod
    Options

Hi @Munkeystu,

are you on Mac or Windows? The Guitar Rig 7 VST3 plugin will always get installed, there is no option to not install it. On Windows you should find the file in c:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3\

• Munkeystu
    Options

After uninstalling, cleaning the registry and reinstalling, it has now worked. Don't know why it wouldn't in the first place.

Thanks for all the help.

• reffahcs
    Options

Glad you were able to get it working and thanks for letting the forum know for the next person that has this same issue.