Guitar Rig 7 won't install although in plug in manager list

Options
Clarktee
Clarktee Member Posts: 3 Member

Hi

I use Cubase 12.0.70. I bought the Guitar Rig 7 update from Native Instruments, already owning Guitar Rig 5 & 6. However, whilst it appears in the effects list in the VST Plug-In Manager, it will not upload to allow it to be used.

I used the path under which it has been uploaded c:\program files\vst3 into the Plug in path settings and rescanned but an info box appears telling me that no new effects have been found. I have added an even more precise path of c:\program files\native instruments\guitar rig 7 and still nothing.

Guitar Rig 7 does work as a stand alone. I have re-installed Guitar Rig 7 from Native Access (although I did not uninstall first). I bought it as an update, rather than an upgrade, as that was what I was recommended from the Native Instruments site. Any advice would be most welcome. Thanks Tim

Best Answer

• Clarktee
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thank you Jeremy. As it happens I did do a complete uninstall and reinstall the day before your post appeared, and it did work. One thing to note for others that might have the same problem is that Cubase did not place G Rig 7 in the 'Guitar' folder of it's default Effects list. I found it had been placed in the 'Other' folder. So glad it is all sorted.

Answers

• jt maher
    jt maher Member Posts: 80 Newcomer
    Options

try this pathway lool

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,965 mod
    Options

The VST3 files are installed in this location by default: C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3

It's the norm for all VST3 plugins, this is also where Cubase or any DAW will look for vst3 files by default so you should not move anything after installation.

• Clarktee
    Options

Thank you, however I wasn't going to move it. The problem is that G Rig 7 has not installed in C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3 for some reason. Therefore I am unable to use it in Cubase 12. In Native Access it has only one path, an Application Path, C\:Program Files\Native Instruments\Guitar Rig 7. This means it can only be used as a Stand Alone. It has not generated a VST Location path e.g. C\:Program Files\Native Instruments\VSTPlugins 64 bit (as it did with G Rig 5 and G Rig 6). I would like to know what I should to generate this path for G Rig 7 so that it can used in my Cubase 12. Something must have gone wrong in the download , or there must be a bug.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,965 mod
    Options

@Clarktee Please try and reinstall then, Guitar Rig 7 is VST3 only so it will not generate a VST2 plug-in the C\:Program Files\Native Instruments\VSTPlugins 64 bit folder, only a VST3 file in this folder: C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3

• Clarktee
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thank you Jeremy. As it happens I did do a complete uninstall and reinstall the day before your post appeared, and it did work. One thing to note for others that might have the same problem is that Cubase did not place G Rig 7 in the 'Guitar' folder of it's default Effects list. I found it had been placed in the 'Other' folder. So glad it is all sorted.

• Cal McK
    Cal McK Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
    Options

I have a similar issue. Native Access will not generate a vst location installation path for guitar rig pro 7. Only one for the standalone version. I have tried uninstalling and re installing a few times and have wasted a few hours trying to get it to work. It worked fine in guitar rig pro 6, which ive now uninstalled. I'm using Reason 11 and Windows 10.

• Eddie_NI
    Eddie_NI Product Team Posts: 357 mod
    Options

Guitar Rig 7 does not support VST2, only VST3.

On Windows you should find it in

`c:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3\`

on Mac in

`/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST3`

• Cal McK
    edited November 2023
    Options

Hi Eddie, thanks for your response. Sorry, I don't understanding the point you are making on VST2 / VST3? Guitar Rig Pro 6 is VST3 compatible and that worked fine in my DAW.

• Cal McK
    Options

So It seems I'd need to upgrade the DAW to above Reason 11 for it to be compatible with VST3....ouch!!!