Hello, could someone help me, please, I work with the TRAKTOR PRO 3 software and the Traktor S4mk3 t

Options
daniel D
daniel D Member Posts: 6 Newcomer
Hello, could someone help me, please, I work with the TRAKTOR PRO 3 software and the Traktor S4mk3 table, I would like to know if it is possible to mix in 432 Hz with this hardware configuration? how to do ? Thank you to the community, best wishes...

Tagged:

Answers

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,379 Expert
    Options

What do you mean by

mix in 432 Hz

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,676 mod
    Options

That is note A4. Relaxing tone, not as exciting as 440hz (war frequency)

• daniel D
    Options
    Hello, I would like to know, quite simply to modify the emitted frequency which is determined by the music industry at 440 hz instead of 432 hz which is, as I understood, much better in terms of the resonance of water... therefore a better vibrational feeling, thank you for your patience

• lord-carlos
    Options

Convert a track from 440 Hz to 432 Hz. 432 Hz is an alternative pitch that some people prefer over the 440 Hz international standard. This is due to music tuned in 432 Hz being perceived as clearer and easier on the ears. To convert a 440 Hz track to a 432 Hz track, the pitch must be shifted by -0.3176665363342977 semitones (or rounded to -0.32 semitones).

Ah, you want to pitch shift by -0.32 semitones.

I think there is a way to map steppless pitchshifting. I don't know if you can do -0.32 exactly, all the time.

Stevan might help with that.

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,763 mod
    Options

If the pitch knob goes from 0.0 to 1.0 (0.5 being the middle), try 0.332. A semitone (up or down) is 2^(1/12) of half of the range of the knob (one half going up, the other going down). So, subtracting 32% of 2^(1/12) from 0.5 (middle setting) is 0.332 (turning the knob to the left by about a third of the down range).

You can map a button to set the pitch value to exactly 0.332 instead of eyeballing.

• daniel D
    Options
    thank you for your answer, but how to do it? I looked in the parameters, when I connect my S4mk3 mixer, I cannot modify (control manager assignment table: there is nothing how to do), how to modify, that's where I am lost, thank you of your patience?

• lord-carlos
    Options

Look up traktor mapping tutorials on youtube.

• daniel D
    Options
    hello, if I came here on this site it's because I already searched on YouTube but it's too specific that I can't find, thank you even for your answer, I thought that here, I would have had Please help given that it's a forum on native instrument, but I notice that it's rather a big hassle...

• Stevan
    Options

Add that command (Add In -> Track Deck -> Key Adjust) and assign it to a button.

Then set the type to a button and mode to direct.

Finally adjust the value under the button options. (mine just shows 0.000 which is center position of the virtual knob)

• Stevan
    Options

Not all tracks are tuned in 440hz so you might need to do some math too.

• Sûlherokhh
    Options

On the shown scale (-1.0 to +1.0) the value would be ~ -0.019.

• Stevan
    Options

Center value is 0 and not 0.5 for the Key Knob though. There are 12 semitones down and 12 semitones up makes one semitone ranges 0.083.

• Sûlherokhh
    Options

That's what i meant with the range of -1.0 to 1.0. Zero in the middle, (negative) 0.019 being a fraction of a semitone.

• zephry
    zephry Member Posts: 587 Pro
    Options

Interesting topic?

After researching this a bit. I really wonder if this will give the intended result after the music is made and depending on the main instruments or vocals.

Most of the reading I did was mainly for musicians and vocalists harmonizing with musical instruments playing at 432.

It was commonly mentioned that electronic instruments and finished music won't be useful for any changes.

• Stevan
    Options

Ofcourse this won't be 100% accurate setting and it will feel different than tuning an analog instruments. It is still possible to detune the rocordings so if you are musician or singer with a perfect sense of pitch you could do it no problem. This world is digital and sooner or later there will be an app that does this close to perfect simulation.