How do I fix my issue?

Options
William L.
William L. Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

After saving enough money, I recently purchased the Komplete 14 Standard bundle (I am in high school). I had already bought a few things before, so I got the "Upgrade" version to only pay for what I did not have. When I went to use the products, everything that showed up said

"demo". After figuring out on my own that I had to activate it, the code that was given to me came out as "missing base product". So I did more research. One of the articles posted by Native Instruments has a chart showing what software can be upgraded to different ones.

This article was a bit misleading, leading me to believe that if I bought Komplete 14 Select, I could use the Standard version I had already purchased. So I invested the rest of the money into buying Select, yet when I tried the code, it said "missing base product" again.

I was very frustrated with the situation, so I took some time to open two support tickets with Native Instruments. One for my original purchase of Komplete 14 Standard Upgrade, and the second one for my purchase of Komplete 14 Select. Nl says that their team will reach out to you within 48 hours, but I have not gotten any response in 5 full business days.

My solution to this issue would be getting a refund for my two purchases, and then purchasing the correct thing. But I would be willing to be given a code for the "base product", instead of getting a refund.

Being a customer of yours for a while now, I have to say that I love the quality and sound of your products, but I have to say that I am a bit disappointed with customer service. What should I do?

Best Answer

• William L.
    Answer ✓
    Options

I went to my account page and found that I had not activated "MASCHINE MIKRO MK3 Collection R2". When I activated it, I tried the Komplete 14 Standard Upgrade code and it worked! Thank you for being so helpful! Now I am waiting for a response from NI so I can get a refund on my Komplete 14 Select purchase that isn't necessary. Thank you again, have a great day.

Answers

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,363 mod
    Options

hello,

did you checked this article?

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000761458-Native-Access-Error-Message-Activating-Product-failed-you-are-missing-the-base-product-

...to say it simple, to activate an updated version, first you need to install and activate the basic/earlier etc version... only after that, you can update, install and activate the newer/upgraded version... are you followed that order?

• William L.
    Options

@Sunborn, thank you for your response. I am aware that I need to purchase a basic version, but the problem is that Native Instruments has not responded in a week so I can purchase it. I can't spend more money on anything. How long will Native Instruments take to respond? Also, how come Native Instruments let me purchase the upgrade version if I cannot activate it? In the article, there is a screenshot and it says "you qualify".

• Sunborn
    edited January 6
    Options

If you were qualified for the update, then you already have the basic version, there's no question about it.

So, maybe you didn't registered it/activated it?

Please go in your account page and check if there is any product showed as "Not registered yet".

It would be very helpful too, if you make a screenshot of your products (just the names please, without their serial numbers, obviously!) so we can try to figure out which is that "base product".

EDIT: sorry, i just realized your wrote that you are waiting 5 days for a response... normally this is a long time, however for a holiday season is not at all... i will tag @Jeremy_NI from Customer care, to speed up things for you :-)

• William L.
    Answer ✓
    Options

I went to my account page and found that I had not activated "MASCHINE MIKRO MK3 Collection R2". When I activated it, I tried the Komplete 14 Standard Upgrade code and it worked! Thank you for being so helpful! Now I am waiting for a response from NI so I can get a refund on my Komplete 14 Select purchase that isn't necessary. Thank you again, have a great day.

• Sunborn
    Options