Another dumb question from the cheap seats, (about Maschine 2)

Options
eric s
eric s Member Posts: 15 Member

How can I tell if I already have the "Maschine 2 factory content upgrade"

Tagged:

Best Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,306 Expert
    edited December 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

If you own the full Maschine 2 program, you already own the full library. If you own a version that came with Maschine Mikro (or also M32 and A series keyboards I think) you have the “reduced version”.

Fastest way to check is looking under the Maschine tab in projects: full version should have 48 projects, while selection has only 7. Or in the kits: full library version has 486, while factory selection only 160. But it’s faster to count till 7 than till 160 😂

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,357 Expert
    Answer ✓
    Options

AFAIK you should also be able to see it in your NI account under „My products and serials“ and in Native Access. The full version is called „Maschine 2 Factory Library“.

IIRC the installed size of the full Maschine 2 Factory Library is around 6GB.

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    edited December 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

If you own the full Maschine 2 program, you already own the full library. If you own a version that came with Maschine Mikro (or also M32 and A series keyboards I think) you have the “reduced version”.

Fastest way to check is looking under the Maschine tab in projects: full version should have 48 projects, while selection has only 7. Or in the kits: full library version has 486, while factory selection only 160. But it’s faster to count till 7 than till 160 😂

• ozon
    Answer ✓
    Options

AFAIK you should also be able to see it in your NI account under „My products and serials“ and in Native Access. The full version is called „Maschine 2 Factory Library“.

IIRC the installed size of the full Maschine 2 Factory Library is around 6GB.

• LostInFoundation
    edited December 2023
    Options

I checked. Unluckily that’s not valid in every case. In my “My products and serials” e.g. I have no trace of any Maschine 2 factory library. Probably owning Maschine from such a long time it doesn’t appear because the full library was already included in my Maschine (and then Maschine 2) program. I don’t know if they changed it during the years

• ozon
    Options

Ok, thanks for checking! My Maschine license goes back to 1.8 and I have a serial for the Maschine 2 Update. I also have a license for Maschine Plus Selection so I guessed for someone with a regular Mk2 or Mk3 purchase the Factory Library would appear as in Native Access.

So, checking in Native Access is the best option.