M+ / Maschine 2 Default User Content Path

ozon
ozon Member Posts: 1,353 Expert

Something I don't understand is why the default Maschine 2 user content folder is not under the path Native Instruments/User Content.

Library path

• /Shared/Library/Native Instruments/<product>

Typical NI product user content path:

• <user home>/Documents/Native Instruments/User Content/<product>/

Current Maschine 2 user content path:

• <user home>/Documents/Native Instruments/Maschine 2/[Projects|Groups|Sounds]/

Expected Maschine 2 user content path:

• <user home>/Documents/Native Instruments/User Content/Maschine 2/[Projects|Groups|Sounds]/

If the user content folders for Maschine 2 were located in the actual User Content folder, it would make user content management much more understandable and straight forward. This would also translate better to the Maschine+, because there, the Maschine 2 folder is currently in the library installation path, which generally is not intended by NI (or the operating system) to hold user content.

Library path

• /Native Instruments/<product>/

Typical NI product user content path:

• /Native Instruments/User Content/<product>/

Current Maschine 2 user content path (looks like a library path):

• /Native Instruments/Maschine 2/[Projects|Groups|Sounds]/

Expected Maschine 2 user content path:

• /Native Instruments/User Content/Maschine 2/[Projects|Groups|Sounds]/

Actually, the current "user" paths for various NI products are quite confusing, because some products use <user>/Documents/Native Instruments/<product> and some use <user>/Documents/Native Instruments/User Content/<product>, while some seem to use both locations.

I'd appreciate, If anybody can share some insight on the reasoning behind these path choices.

Comments

• Antonio B
    Antonio B Member Posts: 73 Member

Have you figured any of this out yet? Now that ive decided to just use the Maschine+ in controller mode only, I have two questions - most of my user files from my SD card that I moved over to the user file on my mac are not showing up on my Maschine+ - they are located in doc/native/user content. Second, when I'm in controller mode, the Maschine+ doesn't turn off after I quit the software. The screen says "Production and Performance System" on the right screen and "MASCHINE+" on the left. Is that the default sleep mode screen? Weird.