Plugin window sometimes just black in Logic since 3.1 / Bug KBDSW-7816

Options

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,902 mod
    Options

@boriskaufman my bad, permissions were wrong on this one, should work now!

• boriskaufman
    boriskaufman Member Posts: 14 Member
    Options
  • boriskaufman
    boriskaufman Member Posts: 14 Member
    Options

update.

3.0.3 is okay in general loading BUT with Arturia plugins it is loading browsing space in the upper part 1 times from 3-4.

just to let you know

• Oliseo
    Oliseo Member Posts: 6 Member
    Options

FYI,

The easiest and quickest way to remedy this issue on MacOS is to head over to your display settings in control panel and simply change the resolution scaling. Either up or down, and then back again.

Whilst I am here, I also would like to point out that if you're having lag with plugins when you have lots of UI elements on screen on an external monitor then my advice is to run either at Native Resolution or click the show more resolutions tab and using a scale that says low resolution on it.

Apple does not play nicely with external monitors that are not compliant with its 'retina' display tech.

The scaler they use at non native resolutions adds a tonne of latency on the display.

If you run your external monitor at low resolution (or native if your eyes are up for it) and cap the framerate at 30fps, you can have as many UI elements open as you want and you will have no latency issues (meaning you can change the onscreen settings without an issue)

If you MUST use high FPS, and not native hi res scaling, then close all other UI windows apart fro the one you're working on.

Hope all of this helps someone somewhere

• Maciej Repetowski
    Maciej Repetowski Member Posts: 437 Guru
    edited January 19
    Options

To follow up on this, non-integer scaling can cause that, due to computational overhead on CPU and GPU.

Retina resolution in Apple lingo is integer scaling where horizontal and vertical resolution is twice as much as visible on screen. In other words what appears to be 1920x1080 and very sharp fonts, etc, is in reality 3840x2160 downsampled. This has only minimal effect on performance.

Non integer scaling affects performance of Intel Macs to the point they stop being usable. With M-Series, the impact is around 10-25% of computational power.

So either use native resolution or x2 (Retina).

• cdion
    cdion Member Posts: 21 Member
    Options

Thank you for this. However, I did change the resolution several times and the issue comes back.

• cdion
    cdion Member Posts: 21 Member
    edited January 23
    Options
  • Scott McFayen
    Scott McFayen Member Posts: 21 Member
    Options

I'm experiencing a similar issue in Logic 10.8.1 w KK 3.1.0. I also get the same blank UI, but for me it's a sometimes bug. Sometimes KK will open up correctly with visible UI and sometime it will open up with blank UI. Unfortunately, it opens up to the black UI most of the time.

• Madulone
    Madulone Member Posts: 2 Member
    edited January 24
    Options

I get the same error. Sometimes the content of the window appears after 30 -80 seconds, sometimes the plug-in window remains black even after minutes. When the instruments are finally displayed, it often happens that the keyboard focus is not on Komplete Kontrol and I can't enter any text. I usually have to reopen the window 3-4 times before I can finally work with it. Therefore, it often takes several minutes to select an new instrument in KK 3.1.0! The problem does not occur in Kontakt 7.7.3.

Workaround: I use two screens. When I move the plugin window from my main screen to the second screen, the window is immediately rebuilt and everything works again, even after moving KK 3.0.1 back to the main screen.

Setup: Komplete Kontrol 3.0.1 / Login Pro 10.8.1 / Sonoma 14.2.1 / M2 Ultra

• Jules1
    Jules1 Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

Hi @Jeremy_NI Hope you're well. Just to let you know I'm having the same issue - black screen loading on Komplete Kontrol.

• CH_Music
    CH_Music Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

Having the same issue with Monterey 12.6.7 Logic 10.7.7 M1 and KK 3.1.0 with an external monitor. Any news of an update to fix?

• verschel
    verschel Member Posts: 8 Member
    Options

Same problem here:

KK 3.1.0

Ventura 13.6.4

Logic 10.8

Please fix asap

• Matthew_NI
    Matthew_NI Product Team Posts: 906 mod
    Options

Komplete Kontrol 3.1.1, including a fix for this issue, is on track to release next week.