Changing the serial number in Native Access; serial number invalid

Options
zobios
zobios Member Posts: 6 Newcomer
edited December 2023 in Native Access

I received a license for Komplete Kontrol together with the M32 keyboard (KOMPLETE KONTROL M32 HW)

Previously I had already registered a Komplete Start serial number (Komplete Start - Komplete Kontrol)

When I start the Komplete Kontrol software now, I get the message that the activation is invalid. I can only use the demo mode.

In Native Acces, Kontrol is registered with the serial number of the Komplete Start version. But now I need the serial number that came with the keyboard. But I have no way of changing this. Reinstalling the Kontrol software has not helped either.

Does anyone have any ideas on what to do?

Best Answer

• zobios
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thank you very much for your support. I was able to find a solution.

I have to start Komplete with administrator rights. Then the license is read in. This is a bit weird and certainly not what you can expect in 2023. But at least it works.

Incidentally, this also applies to Machine 2 and who knows what other programs.

Thanks again!

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,111 mod
    edited December 2023
    Options

Hello,

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/213178109-How-to-Register-a-Hardware-Software-Bundle

but normally the old license should work if it's still in your account, you can check that online under "my serials and licenses" or something like that.

• zobios
    Options

Hello,

Thank you for your response. But the problem is not the registration of the hardware and the associated software. The problem is that Komplete Kontrol starts without a license number, even though everything was downloaded and installed via Native Access.

Currently (December 2023), the purchase of an M32 includes not only the Komplete Kontrol software, but even Komplete Select 14 (winter sale). Everything is also registered (in the account) and downloaded (via Native Access). But I can't use it because the Komplete Kontrol software always starts without a license, even though the license is available via Access.

BTW: An update to Komplete Kontrol 3.1.0 via Native Access 2 (3.8.0) did nothing.

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,111 mod
    Options
  • PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 3,020 mod
    Options

Try uninstalling the Komplete Kontrol software and then use the reg tool to clear any remnants of the Komplete Kontrol software.

Then as Uwe suggests then try logging out of Native Access , then reboot computer and then try re-installing Komplete Kontrol !

If problem persists then contact either Install support or Account & Registration support , whoever you think fits problem best !

• zobios
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thank you very much for your support. I was able to find a solution.

I have to start Komplete with administrator rights. Then the license is read in. This is a bit weird and certainly not what you can expect in 2023. But at least it works.

Incidentally, this also applies to Machine 2 and who knows what other programs.

Thanks again!