Native Access Download Failed

Options
DigiSpirit
DigiSpirit Member Posts: 8 Member

I am unable to download/install any Applications, Instruments, Effects, etc. When clicking on Install I just receive a Download failed message with no additional information. I have un-installed and re-installed all software with no success.

My OS is Mac 14.2.

Please help as none of my NI software or hardware is useable at the moment.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• DigiSpirit
    Answer ✓
    Options

**UPDATE: Native Instruments came through on this one!

The issue can be temporarily resolved by turning off Private Relay on your MAC, then reboot your system.

Downloads should now work from Native Access providing you don't have any other issues.

For those of you, like me, that still want to use Private Relay on their MACs, just disable it to dowload/update your NI content, then re-enable it afterwards. I minor hassle but liveable for now.

Answers

• Milos
    Milos Member Posts: 1,925 Guru
    Options

My best possible solution is to make a custom folder and then relocating it with File Management.

Let me know if it worked.

• DigiSpirit
    Options

I created a dedicated folder called "Native" and changed Preferences locations to all point to that folder.

Tried it again and I still cannot download or install any NI software from Native Access.

• Milos
    Options

Oh...then I don't know the solution.

• DigiSpirit
    Options

A little more information:

Everything was working fine with all my NI tools and hardware when I was running Mac OS 13. Once I upgraded, Native Access started issuing the Download failed message for anything I tried to install including new products I had just purchased.

• Milos
    Options

Did you upgrade the OS or Native Access?

• Milos
    Options

Or did you upgraded both?

• DigiSpirit
    Options

I upgraded Mac OS from v13 to v14. Native Access started failing with the download errors. I then un-installed Native Access and re-installed it. Same Download Failed error.

• Milos
    Options

Well, I don't know the solution then.

Sorry, sir.

• DigiSpirit
    Options

Thanks anyhow for at least giving me something to try. It's more than Native Instruments is doing for me :(.

• Milos
    Options

It will be ok one day.

• DigiSpirit
    Answer ✓
    Options

**UPDATE: Native Instruments came through on this one!

The issue can be temporarily resolved by turning off Private Relay on your MAC, then reboot your system.

Downloads should now work from Native Access providing you don't have any other issues.

For those of you, like me, that still want to use Private Relay on their MACs, just disable it to dowload/update your NI content, then re-enable it afterwards. I minor hassle but liveable for now.

• Milos
    Options

Glad your problem is solved, sir!

• doubledj
    doubledj Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

This worked for me, thanks! I've been struggling since after updating native access to 3.8.0, my download didn't worked for weeks. It's really lucky that I saw your post lol

• vgmrmojo
    vgmrmojo Member Posts: 14 Member
    Options

Now if they could fix this problem on windows

• Ed M
    Ed M Member Posts: 148 Advisor
    Options

I confirm, that did the trick for me as well. 21 pending updates and 1 install went through without any problem.