X1 mk2 - can i use the shift button to turn on/off the FX units for decks C and D

Options
toypadlock
toypadlock Member Posts: 2 Member
edited February 27 in Mapping Traktor

hi,

apologies - i've tried getting my head round controller manager repeatedly, and can do some things with it, but i'm really butting my head up against this.

anyway, my S2 mk2 gave up the ghost recently, so i'm getting a new S3, but am really bummed out about the loss of the track FX section. luckily i have an X1 mk2 lying around that will be a great solution for that.

however! for four deck control, i'd really like to be able to easily turn the FX units on and off for decks C and D. is there a way i can amend the mapping so that the shift button makes the FX on/off buttons correspond to decks C and D instead?

thank you so much for your help!

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,685 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

FX on/off buttons correspond to decks C and D instead?

This is a little confusing because there are smaller fx toggles and bigger fx toggle buttons.

For smaller ones you can add the FX Unit On command and map and assign to decks C and D.

Answers

• Stevan
    Answer ✓
    Options

FX on/off buttons correspond to decks C and D instead?

This is a little confusing because there are smaller fx toggles and bigger fx toggle buttons.

For smaller ones you can add the FX Unit On command and map and assign to decks C and D.

• toypadlock
    toypadlock Member Posts: 2 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options

thank you! i can get that to work, but what i want is for that button to only switch on the fx unit for one of those decks when i'm also holding shift. but if i try and add shift as a modifier it removes its functionality as shift for everything else

aha, i can see what i was missing. that's working great now, thank you stevan!

• Stevan
    Options

Probably just an "overmapping override" was enabled on the modifier - glad that you were able to resolve it. I was going to create a TSI file for you and attach it here but got sidetracked yesterday. If you have other question, let us know.