Error message "your Kontakt version is too old"

Options
TK888
TK888 Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

I have updated my Kontakt libraries in Native Access specifically Kontakt 7 multiple times and in Native Access it shows that im up to date with version 7.7.3 as well as when I open the standalone Kontakt application it shows the same version but when I load up the Kontakt plugin in Ableton it goes back to showing that my kontakt 7 is only version 7.5.1 which im assuming is why i'm now getting these error messages when trying to load up certain kontakt banks. Why is it not updating the version i use in ableton? I've checked my DAWs plugin path folder and made sure there aren't any other versions of kontakt installed so I'm not sure what could be happening. I am on Windows 10.

Best Answer

• Vocalpoint
    Vocalpoint Member Posts: 987 Guru
    Answer ✓
    Options

"When I load up the Kontakt plugin in Ableton it goes back to showing that my kontakt 7 is only version 7.5.1 "

Clearly - if Ableton is showing something different - it is different.

You need to check it out in extreme detail and find out exactly what Ableton is loading and where it's loading it from.

Then do a hard search of the entire drive - looking specifically for any Kontakt7.dll files scattered around.

VP

Answers

• Vocalpoint
    Vocalpoint Member Posts: 987 Guru
    Answer ✓
    Options

"When I load up the Kontakt plugin in Ableton it goes back to showing that my kontakt 7 is only version 7.5.1 "

Clearly - if Ableton is showing something different - it is different.

You need to check it out in extreme detail and find out exactly what Ableton is loading and where it's loading it from.

Then do a hard search of the entire drive - looking specifically for any Kontakt7.dll files scattered around.

VP

• TK888
    TK888 Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

Ya I finally found it, ended up being a kontakt7.dll file that was on a completely different drive that my ableton was still picking up for some reason even though I switched my plugin folder path. Thanks