Sampler improvements

Comments

• dmori
    dmori Member Posts: 88 Advisor
    edited January 15

AN INNOVATIVE IDEA

Using an iPad as a touch screen to use MK3/+ controllers - by creating a Maschine iPad App !!

[There are many different ways to use Maschine - this let's those who don't want to use this approach stick to what they're already doing]

Hear me out: Rather than trying to add or consider the idea of a touch screen into a new controller - how about you connect current controllers with the iPad (via Bluetooth MIDI) - that gives us (the creator/artist) the ability to also use a touch screen with Maschine.

I already use Koala sampler and often find chopping longer samples (by hand) much quicker than using Maschine - then I export chops and continue working in Maschine.

Maschine can already be connected via Bluetooth MIDI (tools like M-Vave and Widi master already give us this functionality) - so nothing needs to change physically in any controllers and will work with current MK3/M+

How I see it working:

- A Maschine iPad app that connects with Maschine controller (MK3/+)

- 3rd Party midi bluetooth hardware (required - already available)

- iPad/iPad Mini (required)

- Tabs to access various pages

- Option for tabs to remain independent from switching views on MK3 (i.e. page/window switching done manually). This give us the option to have a different window active on the iPad.

- Notes/Patterns can be edited via touch screen. (+ so many other things can be done via touch screen too)

Examples of tabs available:

- Sampling pages

- Pattern Editor

- Keyboard Page

- Events Page

- Ideas / Scenes / Songs / (Clips editor)

[Note - make sure it can connect with an iPad that’s at least 6 years old]

The key here, is don’t try and re-invent the wheel. Use the best of class tools currently available and integrate them with Maschine. This let’s NI focus on excelling at integrating software with hardware. A truly unique and stand-out approach.

• Jean Voyage
    Jean Voyage Member Posts: 54 Helper

Even just being able to run Maschine software on an iPad would be huge.

just need to replace the mouse input with touch and make sure the iPad charges over the usb connection when the power supply is plugged into Maschine.

and obviously, Maschine needs a functional user library sync between computer, M+ and iPad

• Chris Shelving
    Chris Shelving Member Posts: 34 Helper

- RENDER MIDI and AUDIO with 1CLICK or combination in Maschine MK3.

(NO AUDIO CUTOUTS IN THE RENDER!) TO RUN LIVE (render in the background).

- RENDER GROUPS in ARRENGMENT AND BE ABLE TO SEE THE WAVE.

- SEPARATE AUDIO LOOPS by STEMs :)

- MASCHINE MIX 

(another APP or concept for MIXING AND MASTERING).

obviously with MASCHINE HARDWARE MK3 :)

and above all WITH LATENCY COMPENSATION.

- MASCHINE VST3 in Ableton ( ENABLE COMPATIBILITY ) ReSTART / PLAY / REC / STOP

- MIDI FX!!!!!!!!!!! NOW!

- CHANGE!! BPM in SCENE or PATTERNs ( with ramps ) Vinyl OFF :)

- Improve all automation (TOOLs) to create rhythms and variation

• Chris Shelving
    Chris Shelving Member Posts: 34 Helper
    edited January 16

Send AUDIO to a TRAKTOR track for SCRATCH,

directly with 1Click or combination in MASCHINE MK3 ( TO RUN LIVE ) NO AUDIO CUTOUTS 

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 1,627 Expert

In case it's not been mentioned already - Ability to import more recent Akai formats.

PGM and AKP are old now. Modern MPCs use XPJ and XPM.

• cocique
    cocique Member Posts: 4 Member

Hello, and thanks for making this thread. I think it would be nice to be able to make notes inside of the sampler, or at least a non functional marker. What I mean by this, is the ability to turn off and on markers, but also the ability to write notes inside of the sampler on specific parts of the audio with the computer keyboard. Another way to do this could be selecting an area between two markers to highlight as a different color. Either of these ideas would make it a lot easier when chopping up giant audio files. also, it would be great to have more support for chopping more than 16 samples at a time, and the ability to quickly make only 1 sample chop reversed when using the chop to 1 pad (keyboard mode). The ability to do the edit effects in the slicing mode would be awesome. non destructive editing would be cool too, but is not as important to me as the others. Thanks again!!

Julian

• filipp
    filipp Member Posts: 2 Member

FREEZE track with auto back and forth from instrument to sample, with loop autocrossfade of tail for free up cpu

• donmaddonald
    donmaddonald Member Posts: 133 Helper
  • Psyearth5
    Psyearth5 Member Posts: 295 Member

-Minor but important update will be welcome. Made sample edit with grid and time signature and it will be easier to accurately chop samples and it will be clear how long record is Long.

-Another is about Touch Strip lights following Play head so it will be great if we can use same Touch Strip for navigation through long Patterns.

-It would be Amazing if we could use Lock States as drag and drop instead of current Record takes until we get results we are after. If we set 1bar to next transition maybe channel just for Lock States on the Arranger will be batter for all User, for both Live performing and for scenario where we are building a Track.

-Visualizer will be great addition too.

(If it's possible)

-and I am sure my so called " colleges " already made useful suggestions but I will like to have ability to make my own or available Wave Tables to use it in Sampler and Massive is amazing for that but something more accessable like we already have Poly , Bass internal Synths we could use Maschines internal Simple Wave Table or Massive Default presets with different Wave Table and basic controls ADSR , filter envelope and Wave Table Modulation. Something simple or Sampler with ability to do FM , Ring and one more Sync or Async modulation between two samples.

- and if it's possible to make all controls somehow available for mapping like with Software in Standalone mode. 😃 I have no doubts that next features will be useful.

• PeterB49
    PeterB49 Member Posts: 24 Member

Still anoying to open an ext. Editor to get Mono out of a stereo recording...

should be easy to choose left, right or merged mono kind of playback... :(

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,649 Expert

Until that’s implemented, you can use the Stereo Utility ensemble from the Reaktor User Library.

• Phatnik
    Phatnik Member Posts: 19 Member

Waves CR8 has really nifty features, like adding the sample already to the right key, grabbing a part of the sample and many others - implementing some of those could let Maschine whizz by Ableton, Akai and others.

• bloodysnare
    bloodysnare Member Posts: 14 Helper

I would love for the sampler to not only have a Reverse on/off switch, but for the options to be a choice between Forward/Reverse/Forward then Reverse (ping pong function.) I know other sequencers and samplers have this function and it would be very useful in Maschine when performing a sample chop.

This discussion has been closed.