Arranger improvements

Comments

• Beetleborg93
    Beetleborg93 Member Posts: 12 Member

I think the main page of Maschine should act just as traditional daws do. We should be able to record patterns as usual but double clicking a pattern with a mouse or a hardware button combo should then bring up the bottom half of the screen that we're used to seeing as we play in our parts. Also having actual audio tracks along side or midi tracks separate from the audio module would be great. I think this would also allow for better automation that users have been asking for as well. all this should be a preferred way to work just in case someone prefers ideas view.

• Murat Kayi
    Murat Kayi Member Posts: 433 Pro

Hey @sevdahbaby you can do that already!

open arranger, press SHIFT+Restart (which sets "loop" on/off). Press SHIFT+SCENE (to open sections in the song). Now, if you press two pads you are effectively setting the start and the end section for on-the-fly looping.

• Black Octopus
    Black Octopus Member Posts: 2 Member

Not really an arranger feature, but not sure which category this should be posted in. Maschine desperately needs an ability to start on audio clip on a specificied point (for example Start: 1.1.1.00) - so you can start the audio clip from bar 2 if you want etc.. also and ability to set the length of a loop.

For example you recorded a 16 bar loop, but you only want that loop to start on bar 9 and play for 2 bars.

Also ability to quantize audio by transients (you can do this a little bit with the Slicer, but its cumbersome)

• Darin McKinney
    Darin McKinney Member Posts: 4 Member

This would be a game changer for arrangement and also the basic pattern sequence mode. To allow the maschine to work as a VST in other DAWs, while still maintaining full functionality of maschine software via the maschine controller. Allowing the maschine to be used as a master, or slave to the current DAW. Right now if I want to sequence on maschine, and then record vocals on a DAW, I can't do both at the same time. We used to be able to do both with hardware. Simulating the same with software would open up a ton of doors for workflow. You can open up the Maschine currently in the DAW and the sequence will play and sync, but if you want to make Maschine sequence changes, you can't do it within the DAW.

• sevdahbaby
    sevdahbaby Member Posts: 32 Member

Thanks Murat,

I don’t have Maschine near me at the moment, but will try it definately ;) The way you described it, sounds like a bit more studio orientented workflow, less live, but will try it!

• Murat Kayi
    Murat Kayi Member Posts: 433 Pro

I can tell you, it's definitely better on the Jam, but that goes without sayin

• tempsperdu
    tempsperdu Member Posts: 424 Pro

Phatnik

Another topic: I REALLY MISS "next preset" buttons on the Maschine like the Keyboards have it. Why not use Shift plus the page buttons (on top File/Settings) for this? They don't have a shift+ function yet.

Seconded 😀

• kbryarly
    kbryarly Member Posts: 39 Helper

How about this? When in Song mode - with nothing selected - just be able to push the encoder to scroll the timeline? I really miss the Scroll wheel on my Maschine Studio.

• nickstomp
    nickstomp Member Posts: 31 Member
    edited December 2023

I'll put things here as i don't know how to add ideas on the top

- make looping easier/more intuitive with layers, undo redo, etc etc maybe a looper instrument instead of the sampler? look at loopy pro on the ipad

- merge the sample and audio player instruments as they are similar

- more effects: having guitar rig in machine would be a game changer, but at least different reverbs, delays

• Ju.de
    Ju.de Member Posts: 20 Member

yes but there is not possibility to create project template, as you can do with groups and save them in user menu groups, I do have lot groups templates that I created as for sounds, but not for project template with differents needs of genres of projects that you can directly find in menu project template example, having as well project template factory, so that you can use and modifying, that will faster the workflow in Maschine software and hardware.

• Ju.de

correct

I reading some of the comments and some of them is already actually possible to do it, but people don't know

I think NI need to add a helper guide inside Maschine about direct things tips or way to do stuff

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,648 Expert

@Ju.de suggested

I think NI need to add a helper guide inside Maschine about direct things tips or way to do stuff

I think users should read the manual and spend some time learning their instruments.

• Ju.de
    edited December 2023

I love so much Maschine software and hardware + the direct integration with komplet Kontrol S2 MK2 Keyboard + Maschine Mk3, this is the big strength of NI, THAT IT IS NOT THE CASE ANY MORE WITH THE NEW KONTROL MK3 keyboard, Maschine Software for me is exactly the DAW of the present and future! we need more of than with as well making Maschine to be very strong with further edited directly in software if need it, NI doesn't realise ah powerful this tools is and could be more.

SOME SUGGESTIONS for me for NEW UPDATES AND FEATURES in MASCHINE SOFTWARE: 

-more flexibilities in ARRANGER VIEW, with clip mode directly integrate to record a track, with no need to create a clip to record in arranger view, like a basic track record

-more flexibilities and possibilities in IDEA VIEW to uses more that 1pattern, like 2 or 3 patterns in same time in one group for 1SCENE!!!!

-more bigger MIXER VIEW with different zoom possibilities with advanced VST graphics

-more ready presets of TEMPLATE PROJECT of differentS genre: Pop, Rock, Electro-pop, CINEMATIC, lofi, blues, lofi-jazz; lofi-hiphop; bleu rock, indy-rock, alternative, hiphop...please not just hip hop and electro THANKS

-more ready TEMPLATE PRODUCTION WITH LOOPS SOUND MODE, with possibility to add one shot sound, VST instruments, sample audio and sample audio source recording

-more ready presets GROUPS TEMPLATE for recording real hardware instruments audio source with ready FX for Acoustic instruments, Acoustic guitars, Electric guitars; Bass, Amps guitars ;Mics, vocals...

-guitar rig7 pro with ready setting to plug&play a guitar and record in Maschine straight

-more ready group template for vocals recording, with fx on it something like guitar rig7 pro.

-more FX groups template for Neutron for mix,

-more MASTER GROUP CHANNEL TEMPLATE for OZONE directly create that don't burn!! the CPU of Maschine

-More ready presets Template with FX for Drums, kick, snare, cymbals,

-more ready presets with FX for percussions instruments like Cajon, tango, hand claps,

-more ready presets with Fx for capture sample audio for sound design easy to use

-customisation of ICON image for instrument of Group channel for easy view, very important please.

-modern ''analogic''general view of the software specially for mixer View. PLEASE

-a sections to add lyric note, or chords note 

-add a live tuner, and note/chord playing in top of fader!

-add tune note easy to read C D E F G A B C etc of any loop audio and Sample Audio.

-having a helper guide inside Maschine software and hardware to help learning as you keep composing about different technical stuff, tips, and so on, with continual update, with direct sort link tutorial will absolutely amazing.

SUGGESTION for the future Maschine MK4 HARDWARE:

-Make All bouton on right and left of the 16PAD, for faster workflow, only a big screen with led fader on each side off the screen. 16PADs WITH polyphonic aftertouch like for new Kontrol MK3 keyboard

-make led level over each 8+knobs, to avoid using the big screen to show again the virtual knob, like in New Kontrol MK3, wasting of space!-keep 8 Anodized aluminium encoder 8 knobs ADD metre led/level on it, NOT LIKE FOR KONTROL MK3 keyboard it's just wasting on space for the screen!!! + add a push/select option.

- direct connection to Kontakt, plus next-generation NKS like new Kontrol MK3 keyboard

-Audio interface with 2 XLR/TRS combo connections at least, supplementary input and output connection for pedal audio/FX, synth connections

-powerful preamps insert

- USB, MIDI, and bus-powered USB-C, +2 assignable pedal inputs including a default sustain and default expression +hub connections for hard disk, and direct connection for Kontrol S MK3,Mk2 M32 keyboards

-2 headphone outputs connections!

-SD card for storing your own content. For the sampling aficionados with larger libraries, it’s possible to expand this up to 1 TB, or even more with a hard drive via USB.

-bring back the big wheel knob with light/led of Maschine studio hardware, with extra option, +4D knob in alu with nice grip

-more more more SHIFT OPTION,

-additional touch strip, for more option intuitive touch strip.

-add 2 Metal wheels pitch and modulation with central illumination and led level.

- a ON/OFF knob with direct call of the Maschine software TO BE ON/OFF, that will amazing!

-bigger ONE TOUCHSCREEN, a level master and group select on right side of the screen like on Maschine JAM with knobs option select

-sample bouton with Daw control bouton not on top of the hardware

-support legs to adjust the position of the hardware, curve front side for comfort to play finger drumming and control daw boutons and rest arms

-icon image customisation of group channel visible on big one touch screen

-option icon image for every PAD sound possible.

-more easy direct control of view Daw

-add navigation bouton, directly with control bouton, as move mixer, arranger/idea view directly with control bouton or move them on right side of hardware side of 16pads, for a faster workflow

-add a tuner live bouton, for hardware instruments, sample audio, sound, loop audio.

can some other user suggest somethings they'll like to see on the new Maschine software and hardware ???

thanks everyone and NI team

i am a big lover of NI and Maschine software and hardware hope with to see great new features to be add

• janpeeters
    janpeeters Member Posts: 19 Member

I came here to ask the same as bullet 2. I think the blocks are great to see a structure but please overlay them with the waveforms and midi notes so that I have a better visual idea of the density or dynamics of a pattern/scene. Bitwig does this nicely.

This discussion has been closed.