50% Working

Options
Hoppy252
Hoppy252 Member Posts: 6 Newcomer

Hi There šŸ‘‹

Been using my S4 for a good few years and the other day I whet to it and now its only 50% working.

I can pay and stop tracks on both sides but evething mixer side now does not work or register with my Mac.

There is also no main out to my speakers.

I have done all the updates to controller, traktor and mac.

I have tried different usb cable and checked output routing

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Answers

• zephry
    zephry Member Posts: 586 Pro
    Options

With that much wrong you should definitely start a ticket with support.

Especially if you have used this for many years? The firmware and the S4mk3 should not have changed. And if it is not damaged then sound should be fine.

Has there been any updates to your Mac?

• Hoppy252
    Options

Thanks for your response

Yes the mac has just been updated and I was wondering if this was the problem and I have just seen this picture attached.

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,676 mod
    Options

It is Mk2 hardware - haven't updated to Sonoma yet to test my S2 Mk2 but hopefully not getting phased out.

• Hoppy252
    Options

Yes its a mk2 that I have.

Going to try and revert it back to see if it works.

Hopeing it nothing wrong with the mixer

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,377 Expert
    Options

To test if the hardware is defect, set the device into midi mode and see if any signal comes to any random midi program.

Is the device selected in the audio settings?

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,676 mod
    Options

Screenshots of the audio settings and routings could help. Also test on a different computer to be sure.

• Hoppy252
    Options

Please see screenshots

This all started from not working on the windows laptop so the mac was the default as I know it worked on there

This is what it looks like when first load up all bar there being a track load in

Once I Tern up the levels I get it reading on the decks ( I know master out is down in the pic)

Last 2 are Mac sound settings

Any ideas?

Thanks

Sam

• lord-carlos
    Options

Are the EQs turned up?

But I would first start with getting the device to work before looking at the sound

When you change stuff on the mixer, does this light up?

• Hoppy252
    Options

I can tern the eq up on the laptop but nothing works on the mixer.

That lights up when using play,stop and jogwheel ect but dose not when you move any fader or eq on the mixer

Thanks

• lord-carlos
    Options

Sounds like a hardware defect.

One last thing you could try is to switch to midi mode. Just to see if the hardware sends any signals in that case. https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/210264145-How-to-Switch-Your-Native-Instruments-Controller-to-MIDI-Mode

----------------

But I would assume the connection between the mixer board and the rest is cut some how.

If you are somewhat tech savvy you can try to open it up and re-connect all the connectors šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø

• Hoppy252
    Options

I'm starting to think that maybe the problem too as I have messed about with everything.

Thankyou for sending the link as I was wondering how to from your previous message.

Guessing if I do open it up, It will be a ferly obvious thing?

Do you know if NI do any form of buyback/trade up for broken equipment?

Thanks

Sam