Getting KOMPLETE KONTROL S88 to work with REAPER
For some reason I cannot get my KOMPLETE KONTROL S88 keyboard to work with my DAW which is REAPER.
It is a shame spending 1000Euros on the KOMPLETE KONTROL (keyboard) "just to create MIDI events" and not being able to use the 2 nice screens for what NI claims they can be used if you use KOMPLETE KONTROL (software).
Connected to my PC using REAPER using KOMPLETE KONTROL plugin as a host for KONTAKT has so far only messed up my sessions:
- KK software will load the wrong version of KONTAKT so certain libraries won't play
- KK software is present on my system also in 2 different versions (3.0.2 and 2.7.2) which does not make things easier as both behave differently.
- REAPER does not recognize KK keyboard even though the driver package has been installed.
- Using the "exotic" method of copying the "Driven by Moss" driver leads to point 1 in this list.
- Besides, when loading any of both KK software dlls, the blooming thing starts scanning for VST plugins each time, waisting precious time again of course deducted from the creative workflow.
WASTING TIME trying to "get it to work" instead of being able to make music is no option!
So for the time being I can "only" use KK keyboard as a MIDI events generator using KONTAKT as a plugin
and routing 16 tracks to it...
Page 16 in the KOMPLETE KONTROL Manual explaining the workflow assumes you got the KOMPLETE KONTROL (keyboard) already working which at this stage seems like science fiction to me as a REAPER user.
Any suggestions or help welcome.
- All Categories
- 21 Welcome
- 843 Hangout
- 77 NI News
- 409 Tech Talks
- 1.9K Native Access
- 8.5K Komplete
- 1.1K Komplete General
- 2.1K Komplete Kontrol
- 3.1K Kontakt
- 718 Reaktor
- 248 Battery 4
- 484 Guitar Rig & FX
- 283 Massive X & Synths
- 503 Other Software & Hardware
- 3.4K Maschine
- 23 Sampling Room
- 4.2K Traktor
- 3.9K Traktor Software & Hardware
- Check out everything you can do
- Create an account
- See member benefits
- Answer questions
- Ask the community
- See product news
- Connect with creators