How to stop Komplete Kontrol 3.0 software from scanning at startup?

Options
BroHah@
BroHah@ Member Posts: 13 Member

How do I stop Komplete Kontrol 3.0 software from scanning all my VSTs at startup. (I'm on Win 10). I know how to prevent scanning for Komplete Kontrol 2, but the Komplete Kontrol 3 seems to have a different folder structure.

I've got a lot of VSTs, and KK startup scanning takes forever, which seems pointless, when I haven't added any VSTs recently.

Thanks

Best Answer

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,309 Expert
    Answer ✓
    Options

Doesn’t simply pushing Esc work anymore?

• PascalHP HSMR
    PascalHP HSMR Member Posts: 33 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options

Hello and sorry to use your message,

I have the same problem with 3.1, moreover the shortcut icon has no imprint,

the same as the one created from the program. Thanks in advance.

• BroHah@
    BroHah@ Member Posts: 13 Member
    Options

Thanks LostInFoundation.

Didn't know about hitting escape, but totally works. Thanks.

With the previous version there was an exe file I could hide, within the KK folder, though I kept having to do that each time the app was updated.

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,309 Expert
    Options

You’re welcome.

Pushing Esc is a very good way to do it (even if sometimes it’s not working perfectly): if you know no new plug-ins have been added, it should cause no problems; when you know something must be scanned, you let the scan roll.

Just be aware of that. Anything that changed in your computer won’t be scanned. Up to you if/when you want it to open the program fast or when you want to be sure all plug-ins are scanned

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 3,261 mod
    edited October 2023
    Options

With respect to the shortcut then look at this page how to change the icon ! Only when you want to select the icon for the Komplete Kontrol then navigate to where Komplete Kontrol is installed and pick the icon there , e.g. : C:\Program Files\Native Instruments\Komplete Kontrol

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,856 mod
    edited October 2023
    Options

Well there is the scan app itself, I have not tried it myself but I guess you could see if moving it to a temp folder stops the scan on startup, rather than causing a crash (which I think is possible as when I had KK2 and KK3 on my system I had effectively a non functional scan app for one of them but it didn’t cause a crash).

Obviously when you update plugins you would need to move it back temporarily so don’t just delete it

• Vocalpoint
    Vocalpoint Member Posts: 1,085 Guru
    Options
  • BIF
    BIF Member Posts: 633 Pro
    Options

Thank you for the "ESC" tip; I wasn't aware of it.

But what cheeses me off the most is that so much of our music software is just so unsophisticated as to be nearly dumb.

Why can't KK do a checksum on the VST folders and compare it with the last checksum...then, if finding a different checksum, PROMPT the user and say "Possible VSTi Changes Found: Would you like to do a full scan? (Recommended)"

It's 2023, for crying out loud. Why can't we make our software at least A LITTLE BIT smarter?