Closest iPad OS App to Maschine?

Options
Chas-Z
Chas-Z Member Posts: 5 Newcomer

We recently purchased the Maschine Mikro MK 3 and I am impressed with its ease of use after a couple of video lessons from Sanjay C and GetintheMix. I would like to have a similar simple experience on the iPad but there have been a few hiccups in using Akai iMPC Pro 2 today. Additionally, iMPC hasn’t been updated in a long while so I am hoping to find another iPad app that may have a similar feel as Maschine on the Mac. So far, Beatmaker 3 looks the most promising.

Any suggestions on an iPad app that is Native-Instruments friendly? Thanks!

Best Answers

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,886 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

I guess it depends on what you particularly liked about Maschine.

Beatmaker 3 might be the most similar or maybe the recently released BAM https://www.imaginando.pt/products/bam-beat-maker-and-music-maker

• dmori
    dmori Member Posts: 66 Advisor
    Answer ✓
    Options

You should check out Koala Sampler. Really intuitive. You need to get samurai upgrade and you may want to get the mixer upgrade. Extremely good value and an intuitive workflow. You'll find you create differently on the iPad, which helps with your Maschine creations too! I got iMPC but I just can't gelwith it either.

Answers

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,886 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

I guess it depends on what you particularly liked about Maschine.

Beatmaker 3 might be the most similar or maybe the recently released BAM https://www.imaginando.pt/products/bam-beat-maker-and-music-maker

• dmori
    dmori Member Posts: 66 Advisor
    Answer ✓
    Options

You should check out Koala Sampler. Really intuitive. You need to get samurai upgrade and you may want to get the mixer upgrade. Extremely good value and an intuitive workflow. You'll find you create differently on the iPad, which helps with your Maschine creations too! I got iMPC but I just can't gelwith it either.

• Chas-Z
    Chas-Z Member Posts: 5 Newcomer
    Options

I have purchased the Koala Sampler with Samurai and it looks great! Beatmaker 3 finally went on sale for Black Friday and so I got that too. BAM looks amazing as well but I think I’ll wait until I learn these 2. Thank you for your help!!

• 6xes
    6xes Member Posts: 645 Pro
    edited November 2023
    Options

interesting didnt realise Beatmaker 3 went on sale...

i tend to look for applications that work on both the ipad & m1 mac mini... the value of this... is when you need memory and or you become constrained by the cpu, the ipad application can be used on the m1 mac mini... this has advantages!!

the idea of purchasing beat maker 3 twice.. one for ipad and one for desktop, is an app that is not for me

i hate being confined to work on a single device, or pay twice for an app.. no Thank you!!