Loose pad 1 UNDO in my Maschine

Options
Reyroam
Reyroam Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

¡Hi guys!

I just bought the Maschine MK3 in the first week of october, and i realice that the first pad is loose with a lot of movement.

Does anyone here make a return or change of hardware with NI? I already started a ticket but the service and response time is awful.

¿Any help? I send a video of my problem

Tagged:

Comments

• jt maher
    jt maher Member Posts: 80 Newcomer
    edited November 2023
    Options

If you have to return detective hardware to NI, it will take a month or longer to get a new device. Expect a response from support anywhere from 2-3 weeks. Also start getting prepared to ship the defective device back to NI if doing an RMA. Do you have the receipt? Make a copy of it right now.

If you can return the device from where you purchased from, this will be a much quicker process. Hopefully you bought some kind of warranty with your maschine controller; like how guitar center offers pro coverage warranty you can exchange it immediately!

• myabrownn
    myabrownn Member Posts: 8 Member
    Options

Hey there!

Oh man, I feel your frustration. When I got my Maschine MK3, I had a similar issue with a loose pad. It's a bummer when you're all excited about a new purchase, right?

So, here's what worked for me. I also started a ticket with NI, and yeah, the response time was dragging. But what really got things moving was reaching out on their social media. I posted a short clip of my pad issue, just like you did, and tagged them. It's like they have a faster track for these things.

Surprisingly, within a day or two, I got a response, and they sorted out the return and replacement process. So, my advice: keep bugging them on your ticket, but don't hesitate to throw a shoutout on social media. Sometimes that extra visibility does the trick.

Hope your pad gets fixed soon!

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,884 mod
    edited November 2023
    Options

Hum...

All my Pads wiggle like that if I tap them in the corners, Pad-1 does seem to wiggle a bit more tho. On your vid you tap Pad1 in the corner and then Pad5 in the middle.

I think thats just due to manufacturing tolerances, the whole Pad array can move around a little bit, maybe half millimeter, thats enough to cause Pads to wiggle more on the corners depending on it's position.

If i place my whole hand over the pads and slide it to force the array to move to the bottom right corner then tapping the Pad1 bottom right corner doesn't wiggle the pad nearly as much, but tapping the opposing corner makes it wiggle a lot...

• Reyroam
    Reyroam Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

Thank you for all your help. I will keep going with Maschine waiting for a good response from NI. Thank you all of you!

• jt maher
    jt maher Member Posts: 80 Newcomer
    edited November 2023
    Options
  • D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,884 mod
    edited November 2023
    Options

I think it's just one of those LLM powered bots, we get plenty here trying to promote products, an NI staff would not put an National Instruments hw device on their profile if they wanted to succeed as passing as a regular user, good try tho...

Im letting it pass for now because I want to see what this bot goal of promotion is 😂