Error Code: your account is missing the base product for this serial

Options
Doon88
Doon88 Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Need help. I purchased Maschine 2.0 Software from NI a week ago. I received the download link instantaneously however when accessed only the demo version is available of the program. I have been trying to reach out out NI service help desk however I keep getting referred back to my download link. This download link comes with a serial code which brings up an error code in the app stating along the lines of” your account is missing the base product for this serial” and refers me to some help guides that aren’t helpful.

Tagged:

Best Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,737 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hey @Doon88 This update is only for possessors of old Maschine hardware devices that came with the Maschine 1 software. Unfortunately you can't have this software without a hardware device. You should ask for a refund.

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,357 Expert
    Answer ✓
    Options

You also need the Maschine software 1.x serial number. It should have come with your Mikro. Still best to contact support, they can offer solutions.

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Doon88 I see that you have contacted our support and they're on your case. You should get a refund for the Maschine 2 update you didn't have to buy, once the serial removed from your account it should work. My colleagues should get back to you soon.

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hey @Doon88 This update is only for possessors of old Maschine hardware devices that came with the Maschine 1 software. Unfortunately you can't have this software without a hardware device. You should ask for a refund.

• Doon88
    Doon88 Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

Thanks for your help. I just registered my Maschine Mikro HW and still the Software is coming up as Demo. I have reached out again via support ticket and provided photos of all serial numbers that come with the product. I have however bought the product second hand. I don't know if this is the issue seeing as I was able to register the Hardware and Komplete, just have trouble with Maschine 2.0.

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,357 Expert
    Answer ✓
    Options

You also need the Maschine software 1.x serial number. It should have come with your Mikro. Still best to contact support, they can offer solutions.

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Doon88 I see that you have contacted our support and they're on your case. You should get a refund for the Maschine 2 update you didn't have to buy, once the serial removed from your account it should work. My colleagues should get back to you soon.

• FXTR
    FXTR Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

Dear all, I have same issue with update from Komplete 12 to Komplete 14 and already contacted support.

Any idea what could went wrong? I purchased it directly from "My KOMPLETE offers" page.

@Jeremy_NI can you please check my issue? My ticket number is 4131025.

I would like to have it solved asap because in case I did something wrong I would like to get refund and still catch black friday sales for NI products.

Thank you

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@FXTR It seems my colleagues already got back to you.