What's the best stand for Maschine?

Options
omariwalker
omariwalker Member Posts: 14 Member

DAC Laptop stand

I have this stand for my Maschine MK3 and it looks good but it tends to be noisy when hitting the pads. I'm searching Amazon for Maschine stands and it comes up with a bunch of different choices for laptop stands. Looking at the reviews there doesn't help me any so I was wondering what ya'll are using?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• myalteredsoul
    myalteredsoul Member Posts: 202 Advisor
    Answer βœ“
    Options

There’s a $1.25 laptop stand at Aldi that works decent. Otherwise, the 3dwaves stands are the way to go.

Answers

• dmori
    dmori Member Posts: 66 Advisor
    edited November 2023
    Options

Don't know what country you're in but this for me is the best and cheapest. Way better than any laptop stand I've bought from amazon - and waaayyy cheaper.

This is from Ikea. - BRΓ„DA: Laptop support, black, 42x31 cm

I used a dremel and cut it down so it's the perfect width for MK3

• Peter Harris
    Peter Harris Member Posts: 470 Pro
    edited November 2023
    Options

After trying a few, this one is my favorite:

SimpleHouseware Mesh Ventilated Adjustable Laptop Stand, Black https://a.co/d/eyFbZCa

Cheap ($15!), lightweight, great angle adjustment, and keeps everything cool. And I can put an aux speaker and a battery pack on the rack below for a completely standalone rig! (The photo shows that and all of the optional pieces of my portable kit.)

I've bought a few of them now for different gear - especially great for laptops because you can sit the whole thing flat without inclining it on your lap, bed or couch without overheating everything.

Also works great for my Maschine Jam. πŸ‘

https://photos.app.goo.gl/2ZBXYQJTLqW3mHmv8

• dmori
    dmori Member Posts: 66 Advisor
    Options
  • omariwalker
    omariwalker Member Posts: 14 Member
    Options
  • Peter Harris
    Peter Harris Member Posts: 470 Pro
    Options

Works great on a table or rack too, though you're probably better off with proper speakers if you aren't mobile.

• OhulahanBass
    OhulahanBass Member Posts: 141 Pro
    Options

I 3D printed one to hold a battery. Screws into the chassis and works pretty well. Was going to design another so the cable doesn't swing out the side.

I can share the file if you have access to a 3D printer.

• OhulahanBass
    Options

I use to use and sell these, could also share this file. 2 angles and fits Jam.

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,884 mod
    Options

Oh snap, the dual height thing is a great idea! PLA or Resin? Did you sell many of those?

• OhulahanBass
    Options

Sold around 20 pairs I think, it became a hassle and I only shipped connected 48. DM me and I can send you a the files. I use PLA exclusively, its consistent, non-toxic and doesn't smell like burnt styrofoam.

• Jiglo
    Jiglo Member Posts: 154 Advisor
    edited November 2023
    Options

I have an Ikea Brada, but it always felt a little flimsy and loose to me.

For a floor stander, I recommend the Gibraltar Gems laptop mixer stand. I used to use it with a DJS1000, but since I sold it and don't use the room much, it doesn't get used anymore. But it's solid and highly adjustable and those adjustable rubber screws stop anything from moving.

For a desk stander, as long as it stable and at the right angle then I guess anything would do, but I like the multi angle of the Amazon Basics Ventilated Adjustable Ergonomic Laptop stand. Sorry for the long title, but should help find it

• 2A2E
    2A2E Member Posts: 30 Member
    Options

I use something like this:

Really sturdy. And the way you can change the angle and height is also good.

• myalteredsoul
    myalteredsoul Member Posts: 202 Advisor
    Answer βœ“
    Options

There’s a $1.25 laptop stand at Aldi that works decent. Otherwise, the 3dwaves stands are the way to go.

• OhulahanBass
    Options

Here are the stand files, 2 for Jam because there has to be a left and a right due to a weird tab at the bottom.

I have not tested on jam as I don't have one but heard that it works just as goo as it does on Machine.