Preventing one app from being upgraded

Options
fluffy
fluffy Member Posts: 59 Helper

Hi, I have a Komplete Kontrol S88 mk1, which means that I cannot accept updates to the Komplete Kontrol host app. However, there doesn't seem to be any way to prevent Native Access from automatically upgrading it along with everything else. Is there a way to prevent specific apps from being updated but which still lets me use the "Update All" button otherwise? I have a lot of NI software and don't want to have to manually update everything except for the one thing that can't be updated.

Answers

• Brad Yost
    Brad Yost Member Posts: 350 Pro
    Options

We've been begging for a way to 'lock out' or 'unsee' unwanted updates in NA for years now. Don't hold your breath.

In my experience, using the 'update all' option is just asking for trouble. I only update one instrument at a time to be sure they are each successful and without glitches.

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 2,909 mod
    Options

Quote : "I have a lot of NI software and don't want to have to manually update everything except for the one thing that can't be updated."

For something like that to work on a larger scale then that would require Native Access to be 'intelligent' and have awareness beyond just understanding that you got a MK1 keyboard , like e.g. also knowing what version of what works with what !

I personally have asked the developer to build in some awareness mechanism or at very least remove the update all button for MK1 users. Only thing that can be said for certain is that Native Access and the developer have had the problems brought to their attention (and a lot of users have already made a lot of noise) but so far it remains what solutions will be implemented if any and if then when !

• Vocalpoint
    Vocalpoint Member Posts: 985 Guru
    Options

@fluffy

"Is there a way to prevent specific apps from being updated but which still lets me use the "Update All" button otherwise?"

To preserve your sanity - stay far away from Update All.

"I have a lot of NI software and don't want to have to manually update everything except for the one thing that can't be updated"

I have Komplete 14 Ultimate here. Might see 1 or two updates every couple of weeks (if that). Cannot understand how using Update All would even be necessary given the tiny number of actual updates that are released.

VP

• fluffy
    Options

I only check for updates every few months or so, and when I do I'm overwhelmed with the number that are available on Komplete 13 Ultimate Collector's Edition.

• fluffy
    Options

It doesn't need intelligence on Native Access, it just needs an option where I can flag a specific thing to not be updated.

• Vocalpoint
    Vocalpoint Member Posts: 985 Guru
    Options

Well - if you only check every few months - swing back here in a few months and maybe NA will finally have the Hide option that a lot of us are looking for - myself included.

VP

• fluffy
    Options

Maybe if enough requests are made for this extremely basic feature they'll finally add a checkbox to the UI. Maybe I'll win the lottery.