edited November 2023 in Traktor Software & Hardware

Again new version of Traktor and we see the flickering problem on the broswer

Am tired of this think about to change software

Tagged:

Comments

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 3,191 mod
    Options

Not sure what kind of flickering you are referring to since you do not state specifically , but this statement were made :

Quote : Friedemann_NI , Product Team , November 1

Hi @mykejb , we are aware that the 3.10.1 hotfix does not resolve the visual glitch you observe on the S8 displays.

We decided to release 3.10.1 nevertheless as it resolves a very serious continuous display flickering on all Traktor display controllers that make these controllers unusable on Windows computers with AMD GPUs.

We will continue to look into also fixing the visual glitch observed by you, but did not want to hold back on enabling all other users to update to version 3.10. and to start using their X1MK3.

We hope this finds your understanding.

If you find that your issue is not on included in the other 'Visual glitch' referred to then you ought to contact support and make them aware of it. If by nothing else then by telling Friedemann_NI

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,801 Expert
    Options

He refers to "flickering" in browser, which occures if one has lots of tracks (30k+)..... Or maybe also slow disc or whatever.... It is here for several years...

I haven't seen anyone around me to have "flickering" problems.

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,714 mod
    Options

Yeah, they should just state we cannot fix this or it is impossible to adsd that but they won't tell you that.

Good luck with other software, they all have issues of their own.

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,428 Expert
    Options

It's bad :( They put it on the roadmap but for a few month there has been no progress on it.

The "best" way around it is to not sort or filter/search when possible.

I have a fast NVMe and under 30k tracks. Though I think I told you that already.

But I'm glad you acknowledge it as a bug now :)

• lord-carlos
    Options

The problem is that traktor in some cases refilters the playlist very quickly. But only in certain conditions, for some people. For example for me when I sort a playlist.

When I sort by bpm, press preview track, it quickly shows shows a message 3 times. It looks like flickering. While that happens you also can't load a track or select the next track.

When I go back to sort by playlist # everything is fine again. I highly doubt it has anything to do with hardware. Simply previewing a track, or any other kind of interactions should not trigger this behavior.

• lord-carlos
    Options

I could imagine a lot of things. But why? There is no indication it's ressources related. No other bug has this weird form of discussion.

It's already on the roadmap anyway.

• lord-carlos
    Options

Exactly. That's why I said I can imagine it. It's just improbable.

If a software can't hold the order of a dozen items and has to recalculate it, we getting in silly level.

• DimGem
    DimGem Member Posts: 9 Member
    Options

Laptop specs i9 32gb ram 1tb ssd 17k track collection

i play with version 3.4.2 and I don’t have this problem

they can just make a new version like the old one where is the dificult?

• decat_Tf
    decat_Tf Member Posts: 22 Member
    Options

I have this issue on a Mac Studio M2 Max with 32GB of RAM, must get me an M3 Max then. :)

Not a complaint btw, Just pointing out here that it ain't resource related, can work my way around it.

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 3,191 mod
    Options

Then let us hope that the Traktor department will find the root cause and improve the Traktor Pro !

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,801 Expert
    edited November 2023
    Options

I would not call it bug. It is more a feature...

It would not flicker, if NI would not clear the screan and show the text, that work is in progress. Instead, they could use the "glass hour" mouse pointer. So, it is more designed and intended way of behaviour, than a bug. Bug is something that does things other way than intended by programmer. This is intended thing, that has unpleasant sideeffect for certain group of users.

They maybe also could improve database scans....

The "flickering" probably does not depend only on disc speed and size of database. But also CPU speed, RAM size and RAM speed and other elements.... It also may depend on perception of individual person. One may be more sensible to flickering, other would not recognize it at the same time.....

Few friends of mine do have 30k+ databases and have no flickering. They are on Macs.

• lord-carlos
    Options

It's by design that it shows text when it's sorting again.

But I think it's a bug that the playlist gets sorted in the first place. 3 times. Just because you interact with it.

Thankfully NI acknowledge it's not wanted behavior. Whatever it is.

• dj_estrela
    dj_estrela Member Posts: 158 Pro
    Options

please stop repeating this wrong idea.

We proved it over and over that it is not lack of CPU capacity issue.

• dj_estrela
    dj_estrela Member Posts: 158 Pro
    edited November 2023
    Options

Yes you caveated your posts with "If".

But continuing raising this will only cause confusion on others - and dillute the identified problem.

How many different forum members do you need to tell you the same thing until you stop this?

• DimGem
    DimGem Member Posts: 9 Member
    Options

Just open the latest version

go to a random playlist

make a search inside the playlist

look the results of search scroll up and down and load a track