sotware crashes repeatedly

Options

Hi everybody, I bought the S4 MK3 about a year ago, using Pro 3.9 on a MacBook Pro with M1 chip and 16 GB RAM. Within the last 8 months the software froze/crashed about 6 times in the middle of a party set. Same thing happened to a colleague of mine with a similar setting. Does anybody had similar issues? Is NI working on this? Any ideas how to fix this?

Thanx a lot for your help,

Sebastian

Answers

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,767 mod
    Options

Are you running anything else media or browser related at the same time? These can cause trouble related to processing/memory allocation.

• SebastianE
    SebastianE Member Posts: 26 Member
    Options

No, no open browser, iTunes might be open but not playing.

• Sûlherokhh
    Options

I usually deactivate anything that could remotely impact performance, like pending updates etc. Also power management set to max performance and OS set to not automatically deactivate hardware (harddisks, usbs). Have you touched any of those settings? Factory settings usually try to minimize energy consumption).

Also user (and software) access to drives and files or file types can be a culprit, as well as corrupted audio files.

• SebastianE
    SebastianE Member Posts: 26 Member
    Options

I wouldn't even know how to change the Power management on my Mac. This is all fine and good and thanx a lot for your ideas! But my colleague used Traktor much longer than I do (about 10 years) and never had any issues with files or computer management. But now he has the same problems as I do. This is really bad and I'm strongly thinking about changing to different hard- and software.

• Sûlherokhh
    Options

First you should try the 3.10.1 RC:

Also, i hope you haven't upgraded to Sonoma, which is not yet fully supported by NI.