I bought the Izotope about a week ago but Native Access says "invalid serial"

BIF
BIF Member Posts: 561 Pro
edited March 2022 in Native Access

Native Access won't let me "add serial". It says that the serial is invalid, but I copy-pasted it directly from "my products" into NA, so I know I didn't fat-finger anything. NA goes on to say that I should check each grouping for "5 digits". Digits are numbers (or fingers, but I'm sure they're not referring to that, lol!) Well, they're all 5 characters in length.

What now?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,561 admin
    edited March 2022 Answer ✓

Hi @BIF those numbers you saw on your NI Account behind iZotope's products are meant to be for an internal process. We realized that displaying the numbers has created a lot of confusion (understandably so) and it should not be displayed in the first place. Sorry for the hiccup on behalf of the NI team and rest assured we've learned from this - thanks for sharing your feedback!@BIF

Answers

• Fox
    Fox Member Posts: 12 Member

You'll probably need the iZotope equivalent to Native Access until the two companies are better integrated.

https://support.izotope.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025586834-Welcome-to-iZotope-Product-Portal

• BIF

As soon as I saw your post, I said "D'oh!" in my best Homer Simpson voice. 🤣

Checking that now. But still there's an open question...why give me a product serial number in my NI "products area" with instructions to enter it into NA?

Found the Iz portal; downloading it now...

• BIF

Okay, I've installed the portal. Adding the serial number to that also did not work correctly. I just get a message saying it's embarrassing and my serial number is not valid. I submitted an email to Izotope support. I doubt I'll get an answer from anybody this late on a Saturday, so now I wait. I wonder how many times I can cut the grass or wash the car until Monday morning, hmmm? 🤔😉

• Kaiwan_NI
    edited March 2022 Answer ✓

Hi @BIF those numbers you saw on your NI Account behind iZotope's products are meant to be for an internal process. We realized that displaying the numbers has created a lot of confusion (understandably so) and it should not be displayed in the first place. Sorry for the hiccup on behalf of the NI team and rest assured we've learned from this - thanks for sharing your feedback!@BIF

• BIF

Okay, thank you for that, I guess. But it still doesn't answer my question, which is how do I get my license working?

You see, I still haven't got a way to download and install the software, not via Native Access and not from the Izotope Portal.

I'm glad I'm not NI or Iz at this point; there could be hundreds (or thousands?) of people in my boat at the moment, right?

• BIF

Moderators, please note: Somebody marked Fox's post above as "Answer", but it is NOT in fact the answer to my question. This issue remains unresolved for me at the time of this writing, which is Monday night in the US East Coast, or early Tuesday morning in Germany.

I still cannot register my Serial Number into Native Access, nor can I enter it into the Izotope "portal". I have received no response to my Izotope email to support, and the only communications I've received is actually Kaiwan's response above, which says something like "we know what the problem is", but doesn't tell me anything I can use to properly resolve my situation.

Since the portal doesn't offer me a path forward, that makes Fox's post not "the answer", and it should not be marked as the answer. Neither should Kaiwan's response, because although it sheds light, it does not help me get unstuck.

It would be just my luck that everybody would be pointing me to somebody who is pointing me to somebody else and nothing gets fixed because everybody thinks somebody else is working on my issue but nobody really is. I'm not in an urgent rush right now, but I also don't want to be re-re-re-explaining my situation this coming weekend, either!

• Kaiwan_NI

@BIF This online community is a place to seek help and advice from fellow users. For any Account-related questions you'll need to contact support directly as stated here.

Since you contacted the iZotope support team already, they will be happy to assist you further. They should get back to you soon!

• Matt_NI
    Matt_NI Administrator Posts: 1,110 admin

And more importantly, this is still the Native Instruments community not iZotope's 😬

If you struggle with their serial, only they can help.