What are the dimension of a Traktor Kontrol S2 MK3 Tempo fader ?

Options
gijoo
gijoo Member Posts: 14 Newcomer

I'm going to fix tempo fader in S2 MK3 (someone spilled some sweet&sticky alcohol and must to be replaced) I don't have the unit at home yet but would like to order the spare parts already. I found a photo of s2mk3 main board where the tempo fader is visible. B421 20KBM2x2. Does anyone know the dimensions of this fader?

Tagged:

Answers

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,387 mod
    Options

I don't know exactly but i don't think it matters. It is a "standard" dimension, so you do not have to worry if it fits or not.

• gijoo
    Options

There is no such thing as "standard dimension". I need to know precisely, in mm/cm/inches

• Sunborn
    edited November 2023
    Options

Then, you should contact Native Instruments Support. There is no way that a forum member knows such details...

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/articles/360009441878

However i can (almost) guarantee that, a specific spare part such as B421 20KBM2x2 should have ONE size dimension only. Same button with different dimensions should be named as B421 20KBM4x4 or B421 20KBM6x6 etc. Its a standard rule on electronic spare parts.

• gijoo
    Options

What are you talking about? I am asking about the physical dimensions of the parts, not the parameters. I have a ALPS catalogue in front of me where I have a choice of 20 parts with these specifications. The smallest is 45mm long, the largest 90mm. They also differ in width and height, number of soldered pins and shape of the lever (3 types)

I contacted support - they offered me a paid repair. Shipping abroad + cost of parts (>100 euro) is not a viable repair because the cost of this fader is about 5 euro. 5, not 100. I have the manual skills to replace it myself

• Sunborn
    Options

ok, then maybe you should write all those info at first... it is impossible for us to guess..

either way there is no such info on Google search for B421 20KBM2x2... just 3-4 results, all by you :-)

so... since you are not willing to give it for a repair and you have the skills to repair it, i don't understand why you don't just open your device and measure the existed fader!

• gijoo
    edited November 2023
    Options

And back to decoding the name - B421 20KBM2x2

B421 - batch / lot number,

20K - 20000 Ohm resitance

B - characteristics linear, (A is logarythmic)

M2 - mounting point for Metric screws (outside diameter 2mm)

x2 - stereo

the print says nothing about the dimensions of the spare part.

• gijoo
    edited November 2023
    Options

please read my first post in this topic - I don't have the unit at home yet. I want to fix this device. yes, all the goggle results are mine because there is no technical documentation for this device and it displays all my questions in different places. this looks like a part made specifically for NI but maybe I can fit in something else

that's why i need the size because i want to order several different models from different places. just want to keep the shopping to a minimum. now do you understand?

• Sunborn
    Options

I read very well and i saw it since the beginning. However, at some point, the device will return to your home right? how else you will repair it?

• gijoo
    Options

I'm still waiting. traktor belongs to my friend who lives in UK. he will be coming for Christmas to Poland and then I wanted to repair it

• Ilbafio77
    Ilbafio77 Member Posts: 4 Newcomer
    Options

Hi gijoo,

did you find the resistor?

I want to replace all 3 resistor on my S2 I’m triing to find but nothing.

can you help me?

where I can find them?

thanks

Fabio

• gijoo
    Options

yep, huntforcrypto it's me :)

i'm waiting for ordered 418-DDJLE-691 (7 usd on aliexpress)

• Ilbafio77
    Options

Hi gijoo,

i searched on Aliex your code and seems the pitch resistor.

i’m looking for the resistor for the volume channel and the central cross fader.

on these resistor is not print the name like the pitch resistor, and I can’t find the right peaces.

can you help me? Where can I find the correct resistor?

thanks

• gijoo
    Options

ad1. show me photo - i dont remeber 

ad2. central crossfader is hard to find. i made my own from 2 parts :)

core: alidotcom/item/1005005643493197.html has too long d-type lever (20mm instead od 15mm)

15 mm lever is available only in this part alidotcom/item/1005004760209178.html so, i bought this 100k fader, disassembled and create own 10k with 15mm lever :) - it's took 5 min, one beer and it's work perfect. both costs c.a. 9usd with shipping. 

p.s. i cant post links. insert full domain address instead of the word alidotcom

• Ilbafio77
    edited February 4
    Options

sorry,

but for cross fader which resistor is needed? B100KX2 or B10KX2?

ok for lever whit 20mm.

same question for channel volume, they could be ALPHA B20K, is it right?

thanks!