Extremely slow downloads via Native Access (3.55GB in 2.5 hours)

Options
Ergo
Ergo Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

I'm trying to download Komplete 13 Ultimate, one product at a time, and the download has steadily crept up to 3.55GB (of 8.43GB) over a period of 2.5 hours. It's my second attempt at downloading this product (Abbey Road 50s); both attempts are the same - just ridiculously slow.

This has not occurred with any other audio software downloaded today - they all were extremely fast. I have a fast connection. I gave Native Access Full Disk Access. Firewall is not enabled. I do have FileVault enabled, but if Toontrack/ReFX/Spectrasonics all had zero issues today (with massive downloads), then I don't think it's FileVault.

Between the two attempts, I quickly downloaded a file from another server, just to see if it was my ISP/router/modem/etc. No, it came in at 48MBps. Rebooted Native Access, attempted the download again, same problem...glacially slow download.

Does anyone have any advice? With 174 products to go, I'm wondering if I should also be asking if NI still has any of those drives with the content installers for Komplete 13 Ultimate. Thanks in advance!

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Ergo
    Answer ✓
    Options

FINAL UPDATE: All downloads complete (except for "Previews", which is failing repeatedly). After midnight (and up until downloads finished this morning), previously failed downloads would now download without issue. Nothing changed on my end, so I'm assuming that the server was much less busy overnight? Just need a working download link for "Previews" (file is "Native_Browser_Preview_Library.iso").

Answers

• Ergo
    Options

UPDATE: Disabled FileVault, restarted, tried the download again. Still the same problem.

NOTE: none of the other issues NI calls out as possibilities on another support article (titled, "My Native Access Downloads Are Taking Too Long") are an issue here.

• Ergo
    Answer ✓
    Options

FINAL UPDATE: All downloads complete (except for "Previews", which is failing repeatedly). After midnight (and up until downloads finished this morning), previously failed downloads would now download without issue. Nothing changed on my end, so I'm assuming that the server was much less busy overnight? Just need a working download link for "Previews" (file is "Native_Browser_Preview_Library.iso").

• Zayne
    Zayne Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

I'm having the same issue. Seems the download servers are ridiculously slow.

• Universon
    Universon Member Posts: 33 Member
    Options

I was able to download everything relatively quickly this time around.

The difference? (Other than having just paid for the premium collection over the Select freebie collection from a few years ago... so maybe there's a slower hosting?) was that my old PC appeared to have an issue that I found out about on forums.... there was some sort of Windows Defender setting, or something, some Internet Access setting that disagreed with, and throttled, NI downloads... I was able to remedy this and triple the speed, although that's still about 4 times slower than i've been achieving on my new rig.