How to use a .nkm file (Mix preset for Studio Drummer)

Options
Gianni D
Gianni D Member Posts: 13 Member

Hi all,

I've been download a mix presets for Studio Drummer from the "Kontakt User Libraries".

The file extention is .nkm and every time I want open the message appear that there are missing files and every time I've to search them manually in order to use it.

My question is: how can I permanent install this mix preset in Studio Drummer? And can I save it with a name as user preset?

Thanks

Best Answer

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,363 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

every time I want open the message appear that there are missing files and every time I've to search them manually in order to use it.

But you didn't actually save the instrument, right? So, that is why every time it asks for the samples. You need to save it, after you manually search (and add) the samples!

Tip: Save it with the exact same name as the original, in your user presets. Then close Kontakt, and move the presets from your user folder to their original folder and replace the files there. ;-)

Answers

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,363 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

every time I want open the message appear that there are missing files and every time I've to search them manually in order to use it.

But you didn't actually save the instrument, right? So, that is why every time it asks for the samples. You need to save it, after you manually search (and add) the samples!

Tip: Save it with the exact same name as the original, in your user presets. Then close Kontakt, and move the presets from your user folder to their original folder and replace the files there. ;-)