NKS compatible "Spitfire Audio Plugins" no longer shown in "Komplete Kontrol 3.0"

Options

Comments

• jottweh
    jottweh Member Posts: 34 Member
    Options

Now, after the second downgrade to V2.94 KompleteKontrol from KK v3.02 KompleteKontrol standalone crashes everytime when it scans hist VST content. 

I now had to restore my system drive. I hope everything is working again now.

• MyStudioOne
    MyStudioOne Member Posts: 255 Pro
    Options

I can only say that my 3 spitfire plugins did show up in both KK and Kontakt 7 browser. I assume you did both plugin rescan and library rescan?

I don't have an answer for you. What I can tell you is that KK 3.0 creates a separate user database and does not disturb/delete you 2.9 database, so you can therefore rollback and KK will be in its original state.

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,852 mod
    Options

I guess that means for the ones that text search finds, that they are there but in the wrong place, maybe mixed up with other products? KK3 organises products by vendor now but no longer by category - it may be some NKS partners need to compensate for that change

• Vagus
    Vagus Member Posts: 417 Guru
    edited November 2023
    Options

So for Phobos and Mercury, they do show in User Library - but I created these NKS packs, so I can't speak for anyone else:

Ditto for SA Recordings that I've done:

For factory library, it only shows these eight - All Kontakt, rather than dedicated plugin:

For the others, I have 22 libraries, and they only all show when I search for Spitfire Audio - not when that vendor is selected - this may be because those products are labeled "Spitfore Audio Albion Colossus" for example in the Options/Factory Library page.

They should all be there, but it's a KK Database or Product ID issue, I think.

• jottweh
    Options

Thank You for feedback. The KONTAKT instruments from Spitfire are not the problem. It's about spitfire's own plugins like COLOSSUS and many others.

• jottweh
    Options

Thanks, Vaugs. That sounds plausible, but I can't check it at the moment because I downgraded back to 2.9.4. If it's because of the libraries' labels, then I have little hope that Spitfire will change that.

If it's because of the libraries' labels, then I have little hope that Spitfire will change that. Their support always responds quickly. But I've never seen a problem actually get fixed.

On a side note: Is it actually legal to sell my entire Spitfire account? The products are basically good but often not thought through or simply defective.

• Vagus
    Vagus Member Posts: 417 Guru
    Options

You certainly can - but perhaps do that on the Spitfire forums - for sanity and safety.

• ZenBen
    ZenBen Member Posts: 6 Newcomer
    Options

The libraries missing from the Spitfire Audio BRAND tab in Komplete Kontrol 3 and 3.0.3 as I'm testing it out now I think is all of the Spitfire libraries that use a Spitfire player instead of Kontakt. Looking through the info pane while browsing the Spitfire libraries all of the ones that are in actuality .NKI libraries which are native to Kontakt show up when selecting the Spitfire Audio Brand tab. Others such as Hans Zimmer Strings, BBCSO, Abbey Road One, Abbey Road Two, Polaris, Firewood Piano, Rare Flutes....to name a few are all labeled with the file extension NKSF. Those also use their own player. I do not believe it is how it is named that is the issue, I think it's the extension. If you click through various spitfire libraries that do and don't show up when selecting the Brand tab, you will see that ALL of the spitfire one's regardless of if they appear or not have "Spitfire Audio"written in the Brand field in the info window.

Check out the screenshot I've posted. On the left I have Abbey Road One which is NKSF and does NOT show up when clicking the spitfire Brand tab. On the right is Orchestral Swarm, which DOES show up and it is NKI. I think that is the delineation. I think it is up to Native Instruments to not CARE about what format a library is in. If it can show up in Komplete Kontrol's library, then it should use the actual Brand field, which in my screenshot you can see is identical to each other, but of course, Abbey Road One is excluded from the Spitfire brand tab. You can of course type in "Spitfire" in the search field at the top of the window to cause everything

spitfire to appear the way the brand tab SHOULD work. Maybe a good time for a Keyboard Maestro macro?

• jottweh
    Options

@NATIVE INSTRUMENTS: who is responsible for correcting the problem? You or Spitfire Audio?

• Kymeia
    Options

Is the BBC Symphony Orchestra one that is affected? I could take a look at it since that one is free

• Kymeia
    edited December 2023
    Options

OK well I just installed it, seems to be showing in KK3 fine, under "Spitfire Audio' and I can load NKS patches so maybe this isn't one of the affected ones? Not sure how to get a sound out of some of the patches though, they don't make a sound apart from the Piano, is there a particular way you have to play them? Also seems a little crashy

• Kymeia
    edited December 2023
    Options

The free BBCSO is showing for me in KK3, and in the right Vendor category, but that is using their own player/nksf patches, so there must more to this then meets the eye.

• FosterMoose
    FosterMoose Member Posts: 13 Member
    Options

I'm also having a bizarre issue where I can't fully expand the UI window for any Spitfire libraries hosted in KK. When I click the expand button it opens for a split second and snaps back to the folded view. KK also shows no additional views are available for the plugin.

• RumbleMonk
    RumbleMonk Member Posts: 6 Member
    Options
  • Kymeia
    edited December 2023
    Options

I can expand the BBC Symphony Orchestra (free version) in KK3.02

Don't know anything about additional views though, I still have the old version of KK installed as well but can't see any additional edit views in that or KK3 but maybe the free version doesn't have them? I always thought they were only available for certain NI products though (mainly Reaktor and Kontakt), I don't know of any other third party plugin that has access to that menu - it would require a deeper level of integration with KK