NKS compatible "Spitfire Audio Plugins" no longer shown in "Komplete Kontrol 3.0"

Options
jottweh
jottweh Member Posts: 34 Member
edited October 2023 in Komplete Kontrol

Since Update 3.0, NI-compatible Spitfire Audio Plugins are no longer displayed in the "Komplete Kontrol" browser. Does anyone have the same problem? I think the browser only shows KONTAKT content. I have now downgraded to KK software 2.94. After that everything was back.

I hope Native Instruments and/or Spitfire Audio find a solution for this soon. I opened a ticket for both. NI commented that nothing is known about the issue at this time …

Comments

• Vagus
    Vagus Member Posts: 410 Guru
    Options

I Can confirm I'm missing anything that uses their dedicated plugin:

Will investigate to see if I can fix - here's Maschine for example:

And to confirm, the plugins have been scanned, but none of the presets look like they've been added to the database:

Interestingly, NKS I have created shows in user library, but those created by @Christos Adamos do not (LABS).

This leads me to think this is a database / KK issue, rather than Spitfire Audio.

Presets from my NKS work without issue, and the plugin and mappings are fine.

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,755 mod
    Options

Maybe try a rescan? LABs are showing and working for me, don't have the other Spitfire stuff I'm afraid

• Vagus
    Options

Labs working for me to - official NKS Ready through their dedicated plugins are not, though. Can't seem to figure that one out at the moment.

• Vagus
    Options

Interesting quirk - SA Recordings (Spitfire Audio) Speculative Memories- official NKS does work.

Even after a full database rebuild, no Spitfire Audio dedicated plugins with official NKS support are present in browser.

SA/Spitefire Audio is the same plugin - the only difference will be the plugin. ID.

Now trying reinstall via the Spitfire Audio app - it could simply be missing the service centre XMLs (althogh they won't have been deleted on installing KK3).

• Vagus
    Options

Update- Service Centre XMLs are present, so I'm not sure why they're not working...

• Super8boy
    Super8boy Member Posts: 71 Helper
    Options

@Chris_NI any thoughts on this?

• Vagus
    edited October 2023
    Options

Further udpate - you're going to need to reinstall from SpitFire Audio app, by the looks of things. I now have their plugin libraries showing in KK.

However, there's an issue- They're not appearing under Spitfure Audio as a vendor.

I can edit the database (which has moved), but where the software relies on the presets to define the vendor- those presets have not changed, so this is a database issue.

Not sorted by brand:

Sorted by Brand (No scroll):

• Kymeia
    Options

This is one reason why the editing functionality needs to be brought back in KK3 as editing vender used to be possible. I suggest loading them in 2.9.4 for those of you who have it on your systems, or Maschine, and selecting all NKS, then batch editing the vender manually

• Vagus
    Options

Interestingly, doing this, or editing the database has zero effect - and these libraries don't appear in Spitfire Audio afterwards...

• Kymeia
    Options

OK I guess this works differently then in KK3, it must be getting that info directly from the plugin

• MyStudioOne
    MyStudioOne Member Posts: 254 Pro
    Options

Before I reverted back to 2.9.4, I noticed that 3.0 also removed light guide support for spitfire plugins on my MK2. Kontakt virtual Keyboard translated to my MK2 perfectly on 2.9.4.

• MyStudioOne
    MyStudioOne Member Posts: 254 Pro
    Options

to confirm, Spitfire light guide support restored now that I am back to 2.9.2. I imagine there are others. I don't imagine this will change for MK2 users moving forward but hey, they might surprise me!

• ChoPraTs
    ChoPraTs Member Posts: 17 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options

Another one here with the same problem. Spitfire Audio BBCSO has stopped displaying correctly the usable keys of the instruments in the light guide after update to Komplete 3.0.

The same with VSL Special Edition and its Synchron Player.

I have contacted both companies and am awaiting a response.

• Tim_NI
    Tim_NI Product Team Posts: 42 mod
    Options

Thanks everyone for the details around this. I am also seeing the same issue with my (own plug-in) Spitfire Audio products so Engineering will be able to debug and address. We are close with the Spitfire Audio team so will work together to find the root cause.