Can you load multiple Razor with your own presets in Maschine + ?

Options
Somaticae
Somaticae Member Posts: 4 Newcomer

Hi !

For some reason, I can't seem to find out on the internet if it's possible to load Razor with one's own presets in Maschine + ?

I would love to load 3 or 4 Razor in Maschine + and tweak their macros simultaneity.

I'm probably doing the wrong search on google, but I would really appreciate if you could help with this simple question.

Thank you very much.

Best Answer

Answers

• AdelV
    AdelV Member Posts: 220 Pro
    Answer ✓
    Options

Unfortunately, Razor is not available on the Maschine+ platform. As far as I know there are some instruments from the Reaktor library that can be played. But not Razor.

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,763 mod
    Options

Why is this? CPU?

• Somaticae
    Options

Thank you, @AdelV !

I hope this could be possible one day. I have to say that some kind of synth rack with 32 encoders and 4 Razor inside would suit me perfectly, I don't really need the fancy led pads mpc style stuff for now.

• Somaticae
    Options

WAIT A MINUTE !

I just remember seeing that video some months ago :

Youtube -> Put any Reaktor plugin on your Maschine + | Guide

by Blezz Beats

So, this should work for Razor, right ?

If anyone as a Maschine + and can try, it would be super nice :)

• AdelV
    AdelV Member Posts: 220 Pro
    Options

Razaor is cpu heavy - even if it's possible i don't feel this like good idea. You can alway sample some heavy instrument with auto sampler.

• Kymeia
    Options

Yes you would think so, and partial count or sample rate can be reduced to preserve cpu, unless it also needs something like AVX as well? Someone should try just saving Razor as an ens and loading it up with their own snapshots

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,356 Expert
    Options

@Kymeia proposed

Someone should try just saving Razor as an ens and loading it up with their own snapshots

But you are aware that Razor, like Monark or Prism requires a license and therefore must be installed through NA?

I tried something like that for Driver (effect), made a basic FX ensemble ehich only contains the Driver cell and got it to work in the Maschine desktop application. But it doesn’t run on the M+. Which was sort of expected.

• Kymeia
    edited October 2023
    Options

Yes but I didn't realise it would be an obstacle, so you can't install Monark either because of this? How does stuff get licensed on Maschine +

• ozon
    Options

Stuff is licensed via Native Access, like on the desktop. Monark is officially supported and installed via Native Access on the M+.

• Kymeia
    Options
  • ozon
    Options

No, because it is not officially supported. Only a very small selection of NI‘s instrument and content portfolio is officially supported. It’s really a bit sad. But OTOH, you don’t need every available synth and effect to create great music…

• Kymeia
    edited October 2023
    Options

Can you access the filesystem in Maschine +? I know the activation files are stored by Native Access in preferences on Mac but am I right in thinking the M+ OS is Linux based? Not sure what the equivalent would be.

• ozon
    Options

@Kymeia asked

Can you access the filesystem in Maschine +?

No.

The file structure is different than on macOS.

All the relevant files (registration, configuration, favorites database) are on an internal storage which is not accessible. The swappable SD card is only for the content parts of factory Expansions and Libraries and user content (Samples, Sounds, Groups, Projects for Maschine, Synth Presets, Reaktor Ensembles etc).

It’s a closed system not meant to be tinkered with.

• Somaticae
    edited October 2023
    Options

I sincerely hope that one day Razor and other great Reaktor devices will be available on M+

• Psyearth5
    Psyearth5 Member Posts: 177 Helper
    Options

I am saving for Maschine + and I am aware of limitations but my solution would be to record longer note via Lock State or similar transition. Modulations from A to B and then in Sampler i would use sample start point for achieving goals and that's how I work because there is something special in Resampling...my point is Creativity and finding solutions for our ideas. I hope that I didn't offended someone, I just wanted to share my enthusiasm and philosophy when it comes to Music.

PS : record Razor sound with ajusting sine waves couple times higher for better, amazing sound ( everything is possible ) . Life is Beautiful