Combo S2 and X1?

Options

Hi guys,

When you have the X1 MK3, is it worth investing in a S2 or S4? Does this combination have any added value of would it be “overkill”?

I even thought about a Z1, hence the question. The goal is of course to go for a decent basic Traktor Pro compatible setup.

Other suggestions or recommendations are also welcome. Thanks! 🙏🏻

Gr,

Andy

Best Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,306 Expert
    Answer ✓
    Options

It depends on what you need and how much money you want to spend. And how you Dj. Some can make easily without jogweels. For others not having them is almost like “not djing”

Even the combo X1 and Z1 doesn’t offer all the functionalities that the “full controllers” offer.

They are good if you want to be extremely portable and you don’t need all the functionalities of the bigger deck.

Bit I suspect you already have an X1…☺️

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,406 Expert
    Answer ✓
    Options

X1 + Z1 is a fun little combo. You can do a lot with it. More than an S2, as you are also able to control effects.

I recently got an Z1 and X1 mk2 for a combined 105 EUR. Add in some decksavers and it's a nifty mobile setup.

At home I rather play with my S4 mk3 though. But adding the x1 would allow to control fx bank 3 and 4.

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    edited October 2023
    Options

S2/S4 are way more complete than X1.

Jogweels, mixer section, pads for hot cues/loops/samples,… and specially in case of S4 more control over FXs, screens (although small),…And AUDIO INTERFACE

Evenrually the question would be if you need X1, having one of those

• Andy Lemaire
    Andy Lemaire Member Posts: 43 Member
    Options

@LostInFoundation that’s what I expected as an answer, so thanks for confirming.

So I’d better go for a Z1..?

• LostInFoundation
    Answer ✓
    Options

It depends on what you need and how much money you want to spend. And how you Dj. Some can make easily without jogweels. For others not having them is almost like “not djing”

Even the combo X1 and Z1 doesn’t offer all the functionalities that the “full controllers” offer.

They are good if you want to be extremely portable and you don’t need all the functionalities of the bigger deck.

Bit I suspect you already have an X1…☺️

• Andy Lemaire
    Options

Yep, I’ve already ordered an X1. But I don’t regret, I want it anyway for the portability. 😅

• LostInFoundation
    Options

Never regret!

And there’s an eventual easy solution to regretting: put more money on it and you’ll have both world! Money is the solution to every frustration! 😂😂😂

• Andy Lemaire
    edited October 2023
    Options

I’ll keep that in mind! 😆

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,406 Expert
    Answer ✓
    Options

X1 + Z1 is a fun little combo. You can do a lot with it. More than an S2, as you are also able to control effects.

I recently got an Z1 and X1 mk2 for a combined 105 EUR. Add in some decksavers and it's a nifty mobile setup.

At home I rather play with my S4 mk3 though. But adding the x1 would allow to control fx bank 3 and 4.

• LostInFoundation
    Options

Well…there’s only an exception to that rule: the frustration of not having enough money…😏

• Andy Lemaire
    edited October 2023
    Options

@lord-carlos you can try to make money with your investment? 😆

• Andy Lemaire
    Options

Digging up an old topic, but is there any news of a new Z1 any time soon?