X1MK3: Browser View And Performance MOD (qml coding)

Options
123457»

Comments

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,828 mod
    edited March 3
    Options

@dariodelima

I'll switch Tap/DoubleTap back for you.

PS, quick question why is it that when a new update comes out the previous qml becomes obsolete eg: 3.10 and 3.11 needed qml update, does this mean every Traktor update the QML files need to be updated. I mean i understand having to RE- Paste them in a new update , i am actually talking about the qml code itself do they need to be updated every Traktor update?

Not every update, but from 3.10 to 3.11 NI changed the qml for x1 (browser view timer, FX assignment buttons, etc.) it was necessary.

Edit: Here is the DoubleTap change.

• hardbea7
    hardbea7 Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
    Options

@cris @Sûlherokhh

Hi,

I'm new to Traktor from rekordbox and algoriddim, after my intense research of gears and mixers and sound quality, user experience and bunch of geek stuff i got myself X1MK3 to play around with traktor, despite all the negative feedbacks about traktor, i feel traktor is what i want and i love the s4mk3 and s8, although i have ddj 1000, my heart wants to go for s4mk3, knowing its an 5 years old controller, and hoping a new flagship to release, but thats very unlikely gonna happen.... if traktor is gonna release something, and by any chance reading this, please consider this: I would love to see hybird of S8 & DENON prime 4+, i think that will be pinnacle of Dj gear.. thats me dreaming , hey we can dream right ?

anyways coming back to Traktor

• @Sûlherokhh I'm ok with X1MK3 default mapping, but if possible i would like add on this . I dont know if possible im new to this

one tap SHIFT button to switch to control volume fader using (browsing knob), filter (looping knob)

that way i dont have to go back and forward effects mode and mixer mode, and also i dont have to go back to volume level where was i left of.. i really appreciate if someone can do the qml

• any chance make s4mk3 midi mappable? thats the only thing holding me back
  • Sûlherokhh
    Options

@hardbea7 :

I'm ok with X1MK3 default mapping, but if possible i would like add on this . I dont know if possible im new to this

one tap SHIFT button to switch to control volume fader using (browsing knob), filter (looping knob)

1. Totally doable in probably an hour, showing the values on screen (a necessity with the endless stepped encoders) is a lot more work. Either way, i am unavailable for that as i am taking a break from coding for a week or two.

any chance make s4mk3 midi mappable? thats the only thing holding me back

1. Not a chance, afaik.
  • Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,728 mod
    Options

Only way that I can think of is to output global midi controls for Traktor.

Currently doing this on my MF64 and X1 Mk3. Using the Step sequencer controls of Decks A and B (that will never be set as a step sequencer) to output midi from Traktor...

• viper9711
    viper9711 Member Posts: 109 Advisor
    Options

Just out of interest: Is it possible to increase the brightness of the LED buttons or is this only possible through NI via a firmware update?

• Sûlherokhh
    Options

AFAIK brightness can't be adjusted on X1MK3. But some of the colours are a lot brighter than others. Especially blue and red are pretty dim.

• Sûlherokhh
    Options

Update (option to connect/disconnect BrowserView and FullscreenBrowser states):

Expanded Browser View mod (V7) for Traktor 3.11.1:

New customizable features:

• Checkmark in the box "Maximize Browser when browsing" to connect BrowserView (X1) and FullscreenBrowser (Traktor GUI) states
    • Setting "Loop SHIFT+Turn" - to 'Key Adjust' will block the Mixer Overlay completely, jumping only between FX overlays when using the MODE button.

Download link and more details can be found HERE.

🦋

• Sûlherokhh
    Options

Update: small but vital bugfix. Download V7a.

• Théo 21
    Théo 21 Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

Brilliant ! Soooo clooose to what i'm looking for

Expanded Browser View mod (V7) for Traktor 3.11.1 -> Seems o work

But other minimal mode seems not. I'm looking for the ability to use 4 decks but the minimal mode doesn't seems to work. Can you someone help me? On this mode only FX open but not any decks.

Or a way to open the "expanded v7 " without Mixer Overlay ?

Thanks for the work ! We close 🙌

• Sûlherokhh
    edited April 13
    Options

You can switch off the Mixer controls in V7a. I explained how on page 1 post 1 with a screenshot and text. I'll repeat the instructions here, for your convenience:

Customizable features:

In the Preferences page of the X1MK3, the whole 'Browse Encoder' and 'Loop Encoder' sections (both made obsolete by the BrowserView code) now let you customize a few of the new functions (see picture):

• Setting "Browser SHIFT+Turn" - to 'Browse Favorites' changes MODE Tap to switching Decks, and setting MODE Double-Tap to switch FX-Layers.
    • Setting "Browser SHIFT+Push" - to 'Maximize Browser' switches Volume/Gain functions of Knob 4 in the Mixer Overlay to Gain (normal) and Volume (SHIFT).
    • Checkmark in the box "Maximize Browser when browsing" to connect BrowserView (X1) and FullscreenBrowser (Traktor GUI) states
    • Setting "Loop SHIFT+Turn" - to 'Key Adjust' will BLOCK the MIXER OVERLAY completely, jumping only between FX overlays when using the MODE button.

Edit:

@Théo 21 :

Also you can use the MODE button to switch decks (and change it to FX in the description above, but also with Double-Tap):

Another excerpt from post #1:

Additional features:

• Easy Deck Switch: Double-Tapping the MODE button switches between Deck selection (e.g. AB) and alternate Deck selection (e.g. CD).

Read the instructions, my friend! 😁