X1MK3: Browser View And Performance MOD (qml coding)

Options

Comments

• TechnoKoot
    TechnoKoot Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

Hi all,

I lost my safety copy of the qml files unfortunately.. Could anybody help me out and send theirs please?

• vicente foi
    vicente foi Member Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You can go to the traktor backup, 
    to the version previous to the one you have now and copy it again from there...

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,728 mod
    Options

You could delete that folder and start Traktor - that will create a new folder with fresh settings.

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,463 Expert
    Options
  • simonz
    simonz Member Posts: 18 Member
    edited January 3
    Options

Is there a simple how-to guide anywhere for creating/editing these qml files? I'd like to make some changes to the Z1mk3 mapping that would be essential to my workflow. It seems like everyone here is having a go at this. In particular I want the shift + low EQ (+ button) to control the filter, and I'd really like to control all 4 decks, not just 2 (which seems nuts to me).

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Alternatively, I have been mucking around with the controller settings in the TP preferences, and that can do some stuff...but seems very hit and miss. Any detailed instructions on how I might use that on the mk3?

Thanks

• lord-carlos
    Options

I'm not sure if it will help to control all 4 decks, but Traktor 3.11 is out, which allows for "normal" overmapping directy from Traktor like any midi controller.

• simonz
    simonz Member Posts: 18 Member
    edited January 3
    Options

Yes, I've tried this. But without any written instructions, the over-mapping functions seem to be a bit hit/miss. Seems like you can, for example, remap the low-eq knob/buttons to control the filter function, but there doesn't seem to be a way to control the SHIFT-LOW-EQ knob/button and map that to the filter. I don't want to lose the low-eq entirely, simply add the filter functionality via the shift function.

But I'll be buggered if I can get it to work.

I might star this a a seperate thread and see if I can get help that way...

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,828 mod
    Options

All my mods (first post) need an update for the most recent iteration of Traktor (3.11.0). Consume with caution (only on 3.10) until i've given it some attention. :)

• Alex Wizz
    Alex Wizz Member Posts: 1 Member
    Options

Mods are working flawlessly, thank you so much! I've managed to edit and combine them. Full screen browser with preview player, simple tempo and tap sync, on Traktor 3.11.

It is nice that on the newest ver. it's possible to override/create "hold" function to the "fx unit on" which I use a lot with tape delay fx. Also I'm noticing better stability and no problems, after tweaking many times the qml scripts, adding new midi commands over modified buttons, all is ok, for now :D

I was expecting more configuration menus around. Will check stability at longer 7-8hrs use but my experience with Traktor for around 15+ years is that it never crashed, or failed during long and any live performances, never seen that.

No feedback from me because everything is perfect :D

Best wishes

• Sûlherokhh
    edited January 10
    Options

Great news! Why don't you post your updates? That's what this thread is all about.

Also, it's nice to see someone new pick up the work... 😎

• Duvi19
    Duvi19 Member Posts: 7 Member
    Options

Hey @Alex Wizz

If you got any work or anything that you can contribute. Please share since the original work of @Sûlherokhh took some of his time to share. gatekeeping the community is the least we need.

• Sûlherokhh
    edited February 8
    Options

Trying hard to get back into coding. Here is the first mini-mod while slowly updating the Browser-Mod to 3.11.1.

Easy Setup-Access Mod

• Hold down MODE button for 1 second to re-enter the setup mode to select decks and FX units for the X1.

Replace the file '...\Native Instruments\Traktor Pro 3\Resources64\qml\CSI\X1MK3\X1MK3FXSection.qml' with the following.

I'll incorporate it into the other mods as well...

Edit: Found a bug. Repair commencing ... ... ... repair completed. :)

• lord-carlos
    Options

Wow, you are a mad lad. That is insane 🤯