X1MK3: Browser View And Performance MOD (qml coding)

14567810»

Comments

• tricade
    tricade Member Posts: 18 Member

That sounds good for me ! ;) dont tell me its already implemented and I missed it….

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 2,541 mod

I'm done (for now) with the S4MK3 mod, so i can focus on getting stem controls for the X1MK3. Expect something nice in a little bit. :)

• Sûlherokhh

@dariodelima & others:

First off, as requested a while back, here is the minimal no-browser-mode TP4.0.2 variant, includes browse encoder (hold down for 1 second then release) for secondary load (track or stem, depending on the load setting selected) as well as the hotcue buttons (1-4) usable as stem mute buttons (set in Prefs→X1 panel).

• Sylo
    Sylo Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Hi, thank you for your work on the mods, is it normal that the qml file does not work on traktor 4?*

I wanted to use the alternate mixer layout mod but it doesn't work on X1MK3 with Traktor 4.

Do you have a solution? Thanks

• Sûlherokhh
    edited August 30

The older mods only work with Traktor 3.10.1

The latest ones for TP4 can be found HERE and HERE.

I haven't done an update for any of the old mods so far, although the full mod in the first link above also contains the alternate mixer layout code.

• Sylo
    Sylo Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Thanks for the quick response!
    Too bad I would have liked to use the FX Mixer with the X1MK3 and Traktor 4! If you agree to update I'll buy you a coffee on paypal ;)

• Sûlherokhh

Do you not like the full mod or do you not realize that the full mod already has MixerFX controls?

In the first case i can re-construct the mod with the changes of the mixer overlay for TP4 when my head is free again.

• Sûlherokhh

Finally updated post #1 with the features list and the mod links for both TP 3.11.1 and TP 4.0.2.

New stem overlay for the FX section still in the works.

• tricade
    tricade Member Posts: 18 Member

New stem overlay for the FX section still in the works.

Hell yes ^^ ;)

• Sûlherokhh

Small Update:

I replaced the ButtonGesture module (tap/hold BrowseEncoder for primary/secondary load function) with my own timers to reduce the 1 second delay before loading to 250ms.

Please test and give some feedback. Is it too short? I can adjust upwards or downwards, but i found this is perfect and much better than 1000ms.

As always, thank you for your support. 🦋

• NLaboske
    NLaboske Member Posts: 7 Member

Hi, first of all thank you for creating this mod! I recently bought a second-hand S4 Mk3 and installed this before I even did my first transition, some of the additions are invaluable…

The other thing I did early on was add a few custom mappings. Shortly after I had a strange issue where my jogwheels were not spinning in TT mode and were instead sort of vibrating in place. I found a forum post for a similar sounding issue where the OP said his problem had to do with "too many mappings" and was resolved - it was pretty vague. But, I went into my controller manager and deleted some mappings for older controllers that I didn't need anymore after making some backups and it surprisingly seemed to solve the issue.

Fast forward to today and the problem has come back. I actually first noticed there was an issue with the screens not displaying info - they showed the "Traktor" and "Kontrol S4 Mk3" messages. I checked TT mode on a hunch and found the vibration problem had come back too.

I went back to the controller manager and this time deleted the mappings for the S4… Sure enough after some restarts everything was working normally again! However, when I tried to restore my mappings, the problems returned. I tried several more times to delete and restore my custom mappings, but every time the bugs came back. I finally restored my original QML folders, and then restored my mappings, and everything is working as it should now.

Trying a different USB cord didn't change anything… I'm sharing my controller mappings file, I hope maybe it can reveal some thing about this issue… It's an odd one, and not the only gremlin my setup seems to have.

• NLaboske
    NLaboske Member Posts: 7 Member

Sorry for the double post,

I'm running Traktor 3.11.1 on Windows 10. Previously used S2 Mk3 and TouchOSC on Android, still running an Arturia Beatstep alongside my S4 Mk3

• Sûlherokhh
    edited September 12

Glad you like the mod.

Interesting, i never ran across this problem. Maybe i will with your mappings, i'll have a look to see if i can reproduce it when i switch my setup. I have about 4 different setups for mixing and modding and right now i am working on my X1, 2F1, Xone:96, MF Twister setup. When i am finished with my X1 mod update i will unpack the S4 again.

Note: I tried to not have any conflicts with the motorized jogwheels, but maybe i didn't catch all possible ones as i barely use TT-mode. Please keep an eye out under what circumstances the problem appears, which actions you performed last etc. That could help pinpoint the source of the problem.

How many controller mapping files do you have loaded? I always try to keep the number as small as possible.

Can you post a link to the OP of the relevant thread that you mentioned?

Edit: This is the X1Mk3 mod thread, not the S4Mk3 thread. I will post my findings there.