The Maschine VST3 does not work in Studio One 6.5

Options
Gorilla Texas
Gorilla Texas Member Posts: 42 Member
edited October 2023 in Maschine

Komplete Kontrol crashes and now Maschine with latest update won't let you resize the plugin in Studio One or go to preferences inside Maschine. NI used to be world-class stable but has turned to shyt and won't fix known bugs but keep pumping out new hardware that they will abandon in a few years.

Arturia the same shyt the software center won't start up on windows after every update and you have to do a bunch of trouble shooting instead of making music!!!

Going back to hardware fck this shyt!

Tagged:

Comments

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 2,840 mod
    edited October 2023
    Options

I do not have Maschine , but Komplete Kontrol do not crash for me And Arturia ASC starts just fine !. In short then I can not recognize the problems that you describe. Perhaps you ought to take a good deep look at both your hardware and your software platform , which by the way , you give no information about what so ever, neither in post nor in profile. Making it all that more meaningless...

Anyway , sounds as you have a problem with your computer hardware or software (OS and / or DAW)

• Fernando Jesús
    Fernando Jesús Member Posts: 20 Member
    Options

Hello,

I've been asking for a while if they've fixed the Komplete Kontrol sampler bug (since June of this year) and they still say they haven't fixed it. I have a thread on this forum explaining it.

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,133 Expert
    Options

You know what really could've helped?

Telling us

• your rig setup (OS, etc).
    • what version of Studio One you use.

Personally, I use the latest version of Komplete Kontrol and Maschine 2 on a not-so-latest Studio One (4.6.2, to be precise) and have zero issues.

• Gorilla Texas
    Options

Yep for some reason NI products are buggy in Studio One, I remember Absynth didn't work right for years. Komplete Kontrol sampler is broken and now Maschine doesn't work like it's supposed too.

I'm on Windows 10 64bit and the latest version of Studio One 6.5 something. I started a thread also about the crashes and a Mod said the developers no about it but have no timeline to fix it. NI don't test their products in Studio One I guess as I've talked to Presonus and they have said it's on NI to make things compatible

• Gorilla Texas
    Options

Windows 10 64bit Alienware 64 gig ram 3200mhz 4.3 Ghz CPU

Latest version of Studio One 6.5

• PoorFellow
    edited October 2023
    Options

Thank you , that might help others in their attempt to assist you. To specify further , then your PC is AMD Ryzen CPU & Nvidia graphics ? (or what ?)

Maybe it does not matter, and maybe ought not matter, what CPU and GPU that you have in this case but we might as well add it to the info !

My old rig is Intel i7-6700 based with old GeForce graphics and does not give me any problems that I have noticed with Arturia ASC . On the other hand then I do not have Studio One either and would probably not know how to use it had I had it (so not going to install the demo either to check anything) !

• red_nick
    red_nick Member Posts: 103 Member
    Options

The fact that you're having issues with Arturia as well hints that the problem is either with the laptop or your Windows install.

• Gorilla Texas
    Options

Nope Youtube it many people are having issues with Arturia software center. All it takes is a Google search or search discussions on forums, I don't know why people just talk without doing research.

• Gorilla Texas
    Options

ASC has nothing to with Studio One as the plugins still work but I can't update nothing because ASC won't launch. I'm just tired of troubleshooting instead of making music and going back to hardware it's sound better anyway imo.

• PoorFellow
    Options

I never wrote or suggested that ASC has to do with Studio One. Of course it is easy to understand why you are tired of your troubles but never the less then I never have had any of the problems with ASC that you mention and I also use Windows 10 , 64 bit !

Also , to me it appears as if you have already kind of made up your mind about everything and that you appear to come here only to vent your frustration and neither to seek assistance nor to have any real conversation. So I can not possibly write or do anything that you will be pleased with other than agree with you of course, which I can not , not having had same experience I mean !

• 6xes
    6xes Member Posts: 640 Pro
    edited October 2023
    Options

VST3's albeit Vsti's on the same OS are often the same VST file which is accessed from every Daw provided the daw supports VST or VST3... as it normally accesses the same VST/VST3/VSTi's

if therefore the VST3 works on one DAW but not the other.... the VST is not considered at fault.... rather the DAW

test on another DAW plenty free trials out there, take your pick

if on the off chance it doesnt work on any DAW.... then theres a question mark on whether VST paths in the Daw are set correctly

probably not a helpful response.... but look to another Daw... especially if your current Daw has a history of incompatibility with plugins you own... nothing worse than investing in a Daw that doesnt support the VST's you have purchased in the past

goodluck!!

• 6xes
    Options

btw you could trial Reaper for free... no limitations... trial it for as long you want..

if you feel the Daw is worth the money... youll be moved to pay for it

• red_nick
    red_nick Member Posts: 103 Member
    Options

Why are you even talking about Arturia then? It has nothing to do with Native Instruments

• Gorilla Texas
    Options

Nah I'ma go Hardware I tried Reaper and didn't like it but you are correct that it only doesn't work in S1. Presonus said it's on NI to test it and NI has confirm the bug needs to be fix on their end with no date in the future. Studio One is the brain of my operation so I can't leave it.

• 6xes
    edited October 2023
    Options

out of curiousity, what is it that studio one has... that keeps you bound to it??

cos im curious about the brains reference you used in the context of studio one...

as its such a shame maschine&komplete control are not able to be integrated the way you envisioned it