Maschine MK3 or Maschine Mikro MK3?

alpha-w
alpha-w Member Posts: 23 Member
edited March 2022 in Maschine

Hello,

I am proud owner of Komplete 13 Ultimate Edition and think about buying Maschine. I want to use Maschine for beat generation and especially for recording of beats with the Pads on Cubase. I also own a Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk2 (and also Mk1). If have already checked the comparison page: https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/maschine/production-systems/maschine-mikro/compare/

My questions:

Can I use all the Expansions delivered with K13U with Maschine Mikro?

Do I need the 8 "sensitive knobs" when already using a Komplete Kontrol Keyboard? (ok, probably 2 steps for recording in Cubase, but that wouldn't be a problem)

Thanks a ton!!!

alpha-w

Comments

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,883 mod
    Answer ✓

The MK3 has much, much more hands-on control of the Maschine SW than the Mikro, way beyond just the 8-knobs.

Can I use all the Expansions delivered with K13U with Maschine Mikro?

Yes, Expansions are SW, unrelated to whatever Controller you have.

Do I need the 8 "sensitive knobs" when already using a Komplete Kontrol Keyboard? (ok, probably 2 steps for recording in Cubase, but that wouldn't be a problem)

KK Keyboards can control the same 8 parameter knobs as Maschine controllers do.

2 Steps? No, depends on what you want to do. If you're recording MIDI to the Maschine Plugin and using only one Kit/Group per Plugin Instance things are easy and pretty much Plug and Play. If you want to record the MIDI to Cubase and have that trigger the MAS-Plug then it requires quite a bit of setup.

If you just want to use the Mikro/MK3 as a generic MIDI Pad controller for Cubase and skip the Maschine Plug then I'd recommend the Mikro as the MK3 would be overkill.

• alpha-w
    alpha-w Member Posts: 23 Member
    Answer ✓

Thanks a ton for your answers!!!