Please advise on NI Komplete installation.

Options
Kuba Axeman
Kuba Axeman Member Posts: 10 Member

Please advise to mac newbie on sequence of installation of NI Komplete 14.

I’ve got my first Macs with Apple silicon and I learned that Native Access required Rosetta.

Do I need to install Rosetta first or is it a “build in” Native Access installation file?

Beside this there are few other issues with installation mentioned by Jeremy_NI in his Sept 5th post called “Native Access: Most Current Issues” 

So maybe I should ask another question. Just roughly, when NI expecting to fix these problems, so a newbie like me doesn't have to start from fixing his first new Mac. I would rather wait, even a month if necessary to avoid these problems. I bought a Mac because it is supposed to be easy and friendly to use.

So dear Jeremy_NI and all community friends, please share your prognostics about the release date of the fixed installer. Just when? Maybe I can wait rather than risk breaking my new Mac. Thank you all in advance.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• victorp.sg
    victorp.sg Member Posts: 79 Advisor
    edited September 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

I am on Mac Intel, not Apple Silicon, so your mileage may vary…

Download the latest version of Native Access (NA) and install it. After installation, run NA and follow the prompts that may come up. If you encounter problems running NA, follow NI support articles to resolve until you get to NA main page. Remember to sign in with your NI User Account credentials.

Add the serial number for your Komplete 14 Collector’s Edition to turn the Demo button to Install button for the various NI software and libraries.

Also, remember to visit NA Settings to set the Content location if you intend to store the libraries and expansions on an external SSD (make sure the external SSD is formatted as GUID/APFS—Google for more info).

If you don’t know what to install first, use the NI Product page on Komplete instruments and effects, and bring up the Compare table for the various Komplete software bundle: https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/komplete/bundles/komplete-14-collectors-edition/compare/. Look under the Collector’s Edition column and start installing the software under this column one by one from the top of the list. It may take longer to install, but installing the software, libraries and expansions one at a time give lesser problems. Also, if you notice that NA is taking a long time to download the item you are installing, it’s always a good idea to quit NA, run it again, and then install the item again—it should continue downloading when NA last quit.

After successful installation of everything from NA, remember to run software, such as Komplete Kontrol, Kontakt, Reaktor, Maschine, etc. as standalone so that they build up their databases of contents before you run them as audio plug-ins in your DAW.

Answers

• Music_Junkie
    Music_Junkie Member Posts: 4 Newcomer
    Options

I'm new to Macs and NI myself but can you not use Native Access 2? That's what I used for installing Komplete 14.

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/4697682604049-Native-Access-2-FAQ

www.native-instruments.com/en/specials/native-access-2/#c975367

• Kuba Axeman
    Options

Thanks Music_Junkie for your response. Are you saying you’ve installed Native Access and Ni Komplete 14 without any problem like mentioned in Native Access Most Current Issues listed below?

#1 Installation Failed on Mac

#2 Products missing in Native Access

#3 Kontakt 7 missing / stuck in Player mode

#5 Dependency installation process is taking longer than normal

#6 Please Grant permission to NTK Daemon

#7 Products get stuck on installation when several products are in queue

#8 Native Access Is Stuck on Installing Previews

Please let me know.

BTW, I have Komplete 14 Collector Edition with a bunch of other plugins, all under the NI brand. So installation will be complex with all registrations, setups etc. And I don't know yet how to restore a Mac, if I have an unsuccessful installation, to the previous state. I know Windows very well but not Mac yet.

Thanks for your help.

• Music_Junkie
    Music_Junkie Member Posts: 4 Newcomer
    Options

On Mac OS, no. I had some issues when I installed on my Windows system, but on my Mac Studio it was all very straight forward.

• Kuba Axeman
    Options

Thank you again Music_Junkie for your time to help me.

I also hope to hear some good news from Jeremy_NI too, about Native Access fixes.

Best regards to you and whole community.

• victorp.sg
    victorp.sg Member Posts: 79 Advisor
    edited September 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

I am on Mac Intel, not Apple Silicon, so your mileage may vary…

Download the latest version of Native Access (NA) and install it. After installation, run NA and follow the prompts that may come up. If you encounter problems running NA, follow NI support articles to resolve until you get to NA main page. Remember to sign in with your NI User Account credentials.

Add the serial number for your Komplete 14 Collector’s Edition to turn the Demo button to Install button for the various NI software and libraries.

Also, remember to visit NA Settings to set the Content location if you intend to store the libraries and expansions on an external SSD (make sure the external SSD is formatted as GUID/APFS—Google for more info).

If you don’t know what to install first, use the NI Product page on Komplete instruments and effects, and bring up the Compare table for the various Komplete software bundle: https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/komplete/bundles/komplete-14-collectors-edition/compare/. Look under the Collector’s Edition column and start installing the software under this column one by one from the top of the list. It may take longer to install, but installing the software, libraries and expansions one at a time give lesser problems. Also, if you notice that NA is taking a long time to download the item you are installing, it’s always a good idea to quit NA, run it again, and then install the item again—it should continue downloading when NA last quit.

After successful installation of everything from NA, remember to run software, such as Komplete Kontrol, Kontakt, Reaktor, Maschine, etc. as standalone so that they build up their databases of contents before you run them as audio plug-ins in your DAW.

• Kuba Axeman
    Options

Thank you so much Victor. I am impressed by how much detailed guidance you put into your post. That is what I was hoping to find and it is really encouraging to proceed with Komplete bundle installations, even though I've read a few scary installation stories. I guess I am little chicken at this point 😁

Best wishes to you.

Kuba.