connect Maschine MK3 (hardware) + Ableton 11 + FP30 (piano) + Traktor S2 MK2 (console)

Options
alexgbazilescu
alexgbazilescu Member Posts: 5 Newcomer
edited September 2023 in Traktor Software & Hardware

Hi all,

What I'd like to accomplish:

Hardware Setup:

Inputs:

1. Roland FP 30 (digital piano) --> connected with MacBook M1 Air
  2. Microphone AKG D 60 S --> connected with Maschine MK
  3. Outputs: Yamaha HS8 -> Connected to MK3

Software:

Maschine 2

Traktor Pro 2 (does not work with M1, just non-PRO version) // Traktor 3 ?? (cannot record)

OS version (M1 air):

% uname -a

Darwin 192-168-0-221.rdsnet.ro 22.3.0 Darwin Kernel Version 22.3.0: Mon Jan 30 20:39:35 PST 2023; root:xnu-8792.81.3~2/RELEASE_ARM64_T8103 arm64

I'd kindly ask for assistance on this since I'm pretty banging with my head on the walls here.

Regards,

Alex

Best Answers

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,300 Expert
    Options

The FP30 will be used as sound source or as a midi controller?

• alexgbazilescu
    edited September 2023
    Options

In the back of the Piano is a midi cable connected to my MacBook, not in the mk3, in regards to the utility, it depends on how much it’s supported. In Ableton i have signal. So, when playing on the piano is a midi interface. If I can record also while playing piano, it’s a plus for sampling.

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,300 Expert
    Options

So..you already have your answer: MK3, S2 and FP30 with usb to computer to control programs, Maschine selected as audio interface, mic into Maschine, monitors out from Maschine

• alexgbazilescu
    Options

My issue is towards related to the software. Since I own Traktor 2 pro (on M1, only Traktor 3 or other (pro) version - can record your mixes - my goal) - trying to find workarounds and I still seem to bang my head to a wall.

My issue is that NI is making me getting rid of my old S2 MK2 - since Traktor 2 pro is unavailable for activation on the M1 - and I don't want to buy Traktor 3 only for that.

I'd like at least to sync my S2 Mk2 w. Rekordbox then ( bought pro subscription only to record my mixes) - but no support, therefore my issues (no mappings that really work and so on...)

-- or this is how I see the things here.

• red_nick
    red_nick Member Posts: 103 Member
    Options

You don't have to record from Traktor?

• alexgbazilescu
    Answer ✓
    Options

For traktor 2/3 simple, no; rec is enabled only with the pro version.

• alexgbazilescu
    Answer ✓
    Options

upgraded to traktor pro 3.