Options

Comments

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,820 mod
    Options
  • SeulStizz
    SeulStizz Member Posts: 27 Member
    Options

Are you open to more customization updates in terms of the lighting effects?

I know this can be a bit endless but I'm already thinking of a few things that could be really helpful on top of what's already there.

• pierce2106
    pierce2106 Member Posts: 2 Member
    Options

I am excited about the visual cues with the led lights on the bottom of the unit I just hope that they are bright enough to get my attention since I set my X1MK2 between my mixer and turn table or XDJ

• red_nick
    red_nick Member Posts: 105 Member
    Options

It's a bit funny that the S4mk3 has all these colour LEDs and doesn't use them unless you use a modded mapping...

• Johan
    Johan Member Posts: 2 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options

Love the new X1 Mk3.

Is it the same as before if I want to control all four decks on Traktor, just adding a X1 Mk3 to my setup?

Meaning I need two controllers for this setup?

Also when do we have the user manual for download?

Thanks 😀

• Davero
    Davero Member Posts: 4 Member
    Options

I. Let's assume:

I want to use 2 X1 MK3 to control all 4 decks to connect it to the club mixer while I cannot use the faders of this club mixer (I know it's weird but the mixer in the club I mean is located in the other place than the DJ booth)

1.     how would you reccomend to connect it to the audio interface and further on to the club mixer (to use it's internal mixer capabilities)

2.     what audio interface would you reccomend for it

3.     to let it in all work with MacBook (M1) properly.

II. Would the button LEDs intensivity be adjustable? There's no much of the highlighted space on all of the buttons, so the lightning can be too dim if we cannot boost it to really see if they are highlighted when there's no really dark around.

BTW. PLEASE add eventually different collors of hot-cues to the TRAKTOR PRO as you offer RGB buttons (to see description would be great too) - it's sooo much easier to be able to read my hotcues function (vocals, breakdown etc.) by the collors just looking at the button.

III. I hope you gonna realease updated F1 VERY SOON with PROPER stems controlling buttons/knobs, because otherwise (than just want us to buy 2 controllers instead of one, which I accept) I just cannot imagine you still did not add at least another 4 buttons on X1 MK3 on the other side of the knobs to let us kill certain stems and (with shift and blinking light) activate/dectivate effects on certain stems. With this feature 2 X1 MK3 plus an audio interface could be just complete superportable set for a mobile DJ.

But for now I'm just designing in mind mapping of the portable hardware set which would let me to overcome this HUGE (IMO) lack in design of X1 MK3.

IV. I hope it would be full mapable and qml editable, because TRAKTOR environment is still alive only because of the modders activity who provides to the community good functionalities which are SOOOO lacking in the original releases of NI.

I'D REALLY LOVE if you design your gear focusing on point IV in your minds - it's probably the biggest advantage of TRAKTOR environment, that we can vastly adjust the gear and the soft to our needs. JUST GIVE US A FEW SPARE BUTTONS/KNOBS/ENCODERs for it.

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,463 Expert
    Options

You could do that, and switch all the time back between mixer mode and FX mode :S But that sounds horrible to DJ. I would rather get some old used X1 mk2 for cheap and a mixer in the booth with you.

For the same price of two new x1 mk3 you could get a used s4 mk3.

Any audio device with 4 channels (2x stereo) should work.

• TurnedTables
    TurnedTables Member Posts: 33 Helper
    Options

Mk3 looks good, a couple of questions already asked but perhaps asking again will lend more weight to getting an answer.

1. Why the dedicated Sync button in a prominent position? What's the use case for that? Personally if I use sync, I press it once to enable, perhaps occasionally toggling it.

2. USB - why not USB C? This doesn't really bother me but there's been a bit of noise in forums around this.

Cheers

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,726 mod
    Options
    1. Sync button is also acting as a SHIFT for Loop Encoders, when Sync is held down the loop encoder can adjust the BPM. Having bigger Sync button will help with holding down SYNC and Turning and Encoder without messing with the other buttons around Sync button (MK2 scenario). Making it easy and safe to adjust with just one hand.
    2. USB B is still a king. Wouldn't mind having both connectors as a fail/safe but still prefer USB-B connector as it is safer/harder to pull out/more wibrations resistant.
  • Davero
    Davero Member Posts: 4 Member
    Options

I. Let's assume:

I want to use 2 X1 MK3 to control all 4 decks to connect it to the club mixer while I cannot play with the faders of this club mixer (I know it's weird but it's located in the other place than the DJ Booth)

1. how would you reccomend to connect it to the audio interface and further on to the club mixer (to use it's internal mixer capabilities)
    2. what audio interface would you reccomend for it
    3. to let in all work with MacBook (M1) properly.

II. Would the button LEDs intensivity be adjustable? There's no much of the highlighted space on all of the buttons, so the lightning can be too dim if we cannot boost it to really see if they are highlighted when there's no really dark around.

BTW. PLEASE add eventually different collors of hot-cues to the TRAKTOR PRO (to see description would be great too) - it's sooo much easier to be able to read my hotcues function (vocals, breakdown etc.) by the collors just looking at the button.

III. I hope you gonna realease updated F1 VERY SOON with PROPER stems controlling buttons/knobs, because otherwise (than just want us to buy 2 controllers instead of one, which I accept) I just cannot imagine you still did not add at least another 4 buttons on X1 MK3 on the other side of the knobs to let us kill certain stems and (with shift and blinking light) activate/dectivate effects on certain stems. With this feature 2 X1 MK3 plus an audio interface could be just complete superportable set for a mobile DJ.

But for now I'm just designing in mind mapping of the portable hardware set which would let me to overcome this HUGE (IMO) lack in design of X1 MK3.

IV. I hope it would be full mapable and qml editable, because TRAKTOR environment is still alive only because of the modders activity who provides to the community good functionalities which are SOOOO lacking in the original releases of NI.

I'D REALLY LOVE if you design your gear focusing on point IV in your minds - it's probably the biggest advantage of TRAKTOR environment, that we can vastly adjust the gear and the soft to our needs. JUST GIVE US A FEW SPARE BUTTONS/KNOBS/ENCODERs for it.

• Marcelo Pacholak
    Marcelo Pacholak Member Posts: 7 Member
    Options

I would like to know if they intend to launch the updated Z1?

Since the controller doesn't have touch pads, how will the fine tuning of the pitch be done?

• Stevan
    Options

Arrows above the CUE and REV buttons are Tempo Bend buttons or move/loop move buttons. Check the official video.

• pARty_bOy
    pARty_bOy Member Posts: 63 Advisor
    Options

I would love to see those displays on a Z2 mk2, something like this:

• Stevan
    Options

Thank you for making this. I'd remove Deck C and D volume and place the browser encoders for each side.

That would make room for a bigger display where your Effects 1 and 2 display is.

• Thales de Paula
    Thales de Paula Member Posts: 83 Helper
    Options

you have to go further... this mixer is a battle mixer and this outdated one, the s5 is my newest darling...

This discussion has been closed.