Ask me anything: X1 MK3

Options

Comments

• sjenkin
    sjenkin Member Posts: 15 Member
    Options

A new case to go with the controller? I love the current case for the x1 mk2 and I had the cases for the D2s and they were great!

• imianwilliams
    imianwilliams Member Posts: 14 Member
    Options

There's been quite a few people moaning about the position of the cue button. ....personally this isn't an issue for me.

I had a think about how I DJ, & realised that I don't really use it. I'll normally get to the point I want then assign straight to a hot cue.

The main cue button's fairly redundant as far as i'm concerned.

• Casper's Kitchen
    Casper's Kitchen Member Posts: 7 Member
    Options

Nice to see that new HW is released. It was about time. Lets see what this new iteration of the X1 is capable of.

I welcome the 3port Hub, but why USB-A? USB-C would have make much more sense, anyway, I always wanted the X1mk2 to have a built-in Hub.

I was drawn between a A&H K2 and a possible X1mk3. Now my decision is even harder....

greetings Cas

• daveb124
    daveb124 Member Posts: 84 Helper
    Options

And will it fit on the stand? It might not fit inside the stand for transport but I just use my stand to raise my x1 profile when placed in between my z2 and the 1210's

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,819 mod
    Options

There are no holes to fit the rubber protrusions into, so it won't be secure, really. Plus the additional height will push it above mixer level.

• leesinthemix
    leesinthemix Member Posts: 260 Guru
    Options

The K1/K2 is severely hampered by the LEDs IMO when it comes to MIDI mapping. A&H should have already updated the device by now. They are extremely buggy when you've got multiple layers using modifiers.

If we are able to completely customise the X1 MK3 functions and assign MIDI output per button, rather than by section, it would be great as they have RGB LEDs.

Faders would be nice to have like K1/K2, but actually for Pattern Player and Wet/Dry on FX, pots make more sense for fine tuning. If NI come out with an F1 MK2 in the coming weeks, then the K1/K2 would become even more redundant.

The only redeeming feature left would be power and MIDI over ethernet from a Xone mixer.

• MLARS
    MLARS Member Posts: 32 Helper
    Options

So no new Komplete Kontrol S88 (MK3) in September?

Are NI dropping news on different days perhaps and maybe more products will be released shortly?

• David Lane
    David Lane Member Posts: 6 Member
    Options

Will an extra stems mode be added? The pots for the levels on the 4 parts or filter, and buttons next to them for muting.

• Barbataz
    Barbataz Member Posts: 7 Advisor
    Options

The question is more « when » a stems mode will be added…😉

• Itchygash
    Itchygash Member Posts: 12 Member
    Options

Can the unit be used without the traktor software? And just a a usb hub for other devices?

• Scott_Michael
    Scott_Michael Member Posts: 2 Member
    Options

Love the new X1 but curious to see if it will still fit the old stands? Or will a new stand be developed to rise its height?

• Chewei Chang
    Chewei Chang Member Posts: 2 Member
    Options

I missed this product "Native Instruments TRAKTOR KONTROL STAND", will it be re-produced?

I mean will you make the STAND for X1 MK3 ?

• V01d
    V01d Member Posts: 15 Member
    Options

will there be a new version of the Z and F Line?

• djisang
    djisang Member Posts: 8 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options

Great to finally hear about new Traktor gear! I’m super stoked about this; the design itself has got me excited

herr are my questions:

1. Compared to the D2, How much power will the X1 need when plugged into a power source?
    2. What materials have the buttons been made of? One aesthetic drawback of my X1 mk2 and D2 were that the button colors faded over the years.
    3. What is the glass made of and is it scratch resistant? I appreciate how durable NI gear is but a glass back panel has me skeptical. As you can tell, I like to keep my gear in good shape.
    4. Will it have a MIDI mode? For other music projects, I like to use my NI gear instead of buying separate hardware. This would be a big plus for me
    5. By adding a dedicated mixer mode, you surely must be hinting at more hardware coming. Right? ;)

thanks!

This discussion has been closed.