Ask me anything: X1 MK3

Comments

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,954 mod

It is because of Filter type and Macro type of effects.

• ArtisanS
    ArtisanS Member Posts: 18 Member

Stevan that was my idea as well, marketeers at work. Do you know whether the old Z1 mk2 has the same design quirk. If not I could grab one up at ebay....else I use TouchOSC, if that is not blocked, installing the version 3.10 deinstalled all .trs files, so I have a bad fealing about this.

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 3,395 Expert

Is this just that it's center notched or is there also a deadzone around the center?

Pretty sure the z1 is also center notched.

• ArtisanS
    edited September 2023

Just center nodged, but if I try to make a slow sweep, it's so tight it jumps trough my fingers. I have to grip it so firmly it starts to hurt my finger joints. And IMHO it's totally unfounded in the first place. Never seen that on any controller. Not even on NI ones. I made a mapping once for a M32 and a Mikro MK3, that worked better than this dedicated controller because of these shinanigans.

Thanx for the info......saves me money. So I'll buy two secondhand F1 instead, and a K2 maybe. Or forgo Traktor completely and buy a Pioneer kit. Allthough the CDJ 3000s have problems enough according to and demonstrated by James Hype.

• Stevan

Go with K2, they don't have center detents. Or get a Twister if you don't mind endless encoders.

• ArtisanS

Or a Faderfox.

• ArtisanS

I use Traktor differently from your average standard DJ. I use it to make loops (on the fly). It's ideal for that purpose, using stems, using my own tracks, using remix decks. So I'm still so suprised at the total lack of common sence, by NI, that I hope my templates in TouchOSC still work.

• dsmeuropa77
    dsmeuropa77 Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Hello, I am a new user, greetings to all.

I purchased the kontrol x1 mk3 and it looks absolutely stunning.

But I have a problem and that is that Traktor does not recognize it.

I am a MacOS user and I have everything updated, even Native access. Where can I find online manuals, drivers and help to solve this problem?

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 3,395 Expert

Manual should be out tomorrow.

Are you running traktor 3.10?

Does the x1 ask you what decks it should use and did you select decks a and b?

• Drifter
    Drifter Member Posts: 22 Member

Any chance of using this as an effects unit in machine or in a DAW?

• ArtisanS
    edited September 2023

What Native Access did you use? The seriuously oldfashioned white one, or the cool and happening black one. If white you have to upgrade this first. Just download the new one from a link on the title page of the NI site, and run install. I use real fecalistic windows machines, so that one's up to you. Then start it and down left is a place were you can register your X1, and then you can upgrade to 3.10 Traktor. And if you connect it when that's installed, it will start to ask you for a deck layout. Then hit the left lower endless encoder and give it a click.....that should do the trick. It should start wagging it's tail.

• nachopenades
    nachopenades Member Posts: 280 Pro

Can any user report how the browser is opened/closed on this controller?

• Stevan

Good question! Also check this out, commands can be added already.

• nachopenades
    nachopenades Member Posts: 280 Pro
    edited September 2023

This discussion has been closed.