How Can I Get Kontakt into Maschine 2?

Options
Atom Heart Father
Atom Heart Father Member Posts: 10 Member

Hi,

My understanding is that to use my Maschine Mikro on, say, Abbey Road Drums, I need to import or open Kontakt within Maschine 2 and select it the way I would select one of the kits that comes with Maschine. But I can't for the life of me get any of the the Abbey Road drummers to appear as an option in Maschine's library. If I try to import them under Files, I get the error message: "Duplicate Location, An entry with the same location already exists in the Library." And yet, I am not seeing anything other than the kits that came with Maschine in the Library. Does anyone know what I might be doing wrong?

Any help greatly appreciated.

I'm using Logic Pro 10.7.9, and Mac OS13.5. I also have all my NI stuff on an external SSD.

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,737 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Atom Heart Father Abbey Road drummer series should show in the instrument browser of Maschine here:

Clicking on one of the presets should automatically load Kontakt with the chosen library/preset.

If it's not showing, open Kontakt in standalone, can you load the library there?

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Atom Heart Father Abbey Road drummer series should show in the instrument browser of Maschine here:

Clicking on one of the presets should automatically load Kontakt with the chosen library/preset.

If it's not showing, open Kontakt in standalone, can you load the library there?

• Atom Heart Father
    Options

Thanks for your response, Jeremy--it turned out that I needed to click the white arrow across from "All Instruments", and then I saw what you are showing in your screen shot. I am now wondering how I can a) edit the AR Drummer in Maschine, and b) How I can sync the drums to Maschine's pads. When I first clicked on an AR instrument, it looked like the attached "Maschine AR Drummer 1"; I wasn't sure what to do with that. I then somehow made it look like "Maschine 2 AR Drummer 2", which is more like the interface in Kontakt 7. I don't know how I did this, however, and haven't been able to do it again with another instance of the Maschine 2 software--can you please tell me how to do this?

My other question is how to sync the Maschine hardware pads to individual Abbey Road drums. I was hoping it would just automatically do that, but it came in without a connection between the software drums and the hardware pads. I somehow connected one of the pads to the kick drum, but have had no luck since then with the other drums.

I realize some of this may be covered in NI materials, but am having trouble finding it in the manual(s) as there are hundreds of pages and I'm not sure if the answer is in the software manual or the hardware manual. If you can, please direct me to the correct sections (or to a tutorial video that covers this), and I'll check that out before asking any more questions.

Thanks again for your help!

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

Normally when you load a kit from Abbey Road Drummer series, all the pads should play your drums. Since there are more than 16 sounds you might need to navigate through the octaves (top right screen).

I'm not sure what you want to edit in AR Drummer, but all parameters available to edit are at the bottom of the window:

• Atom Heart Father
    Options

Apologies, but I don't see where "to navigate through the octaves (top right screen)." 😬 Can you please show that to me?

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

Top right screen of the controller, when you are in keyboard mode, button 5 & 6 for Octave + and Octave -. Maybe you should check out this series of videos if you haven't already: