How to map correctly pfl led for custom Pioneer ddj 400 map (Tracktor PRO 3.9)

Options
spn
spn Member Posts: 6 Newcomer
edited February 29 in Mapping Traktor

Hi,

I have different device that i like use with Tracktor PRO 3.9 in different situation:

Config 1: I use Z1 + X1 (and everything works fine :) ;) )

Config 2: I use Pioneer DDJ 400 with a custom map, everything works fine, but I need to configure the PFL volume separate for channel A and channel B: actually only the master volume is displayed on the led

anyone can help me configuring the PFL?

thank you in advance for any help

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,811 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

i think so? with my config the meters always show deck PFL.

Answers

• Sûlherokhh
    edited August 2023
    Options

If you send me the Traktor TSI-mapping, i can have a look.

But you can check that one out yourself. Open the mapping file in Traktor's controller editor (Preferences). Go look for the assignments 'Master Out Level L(/R)' or 'Mixer Out Level L(/R). Write on a piece of paper which keys they are mapped to and what the 'controller range' and 'midi range' are. You will need to delete or deactivate them after you have replaced them with deck meters.

For those, press 'Add out...' and go to 'Mixer➔Meters➔Deck Pre-Fader Levels (L+R)'. Select 'Mapped to' the key you wrote down, adjust 'controller range' and 'midi range' to the values you wrote down, set the deck to A. 'Duplicate' this and set the other key you wrote down, set deck to B.

It may be that there are 'Master Out Clip' assignments. If so, leave them in. Traktor will then make the top red segment of the meter light up if the master signal is clipping. It's quite possible that there is no such assignment in the mapping. I don't know what the controller's LED interface looks like.

🦋

• spn
    Options

thank you Sûlherokhh for your reply, I have sent to you a PM

thank you for your help

• Sûlherokhh
    Options

Sent you an update with the two lines replaced. Now you need to test. Tell us how it goes. :)

• Sûlherokhh
    Options

For those who are curious, we got it working the way i explained in my first post.

@spn : rock the house! :)

• spn
    Options

Thank you Sûlherokhh

• spn
    Options

Thank you a lot Sûlherokhh for your precious help...

Is possible in your opinion activate the PFL volume on led only if one of 2 CUE button is ON? In this scenario you can monitor everything regarding the volume

with one cue button ON = PFL level

without cue button OF (= OFF) = master output volume

thank in advance regarding your opinion and help!

• Sûlherokhh
    edited August 2023
    Options

As long as you only use the controller's CUE button (and not the software CUE field with mouseclick), the answer is yes. :)

Edit: I would treat the two LED strips seperately, so if left CUE is on and right CUE is off, the left shows deck level and the right shows master level, and vice versa.

• spn
    Options

I use only controller button, but with your configuration (thank you a lot for it) you have alwais the PFL volume on the controller (with or without cue button On/Off), do you agree?

• Sûlherokhh
    Answer ✓
    Options

i think so? with my config the meters always show deck PFL.

• Sûlherokhh
    Options

The part of the mapping that contains the CUE MONITOR toggles is already using all available modifiers. I can plug it in as requested, but only by crippling your ability to fully use remix decks on two decks. I would cripple A and B, so you can still use decks C and D as remix decks. But i can, if you want, cripple C and D. Do you even use remix decks?

• spn
    edited August 2023
    Options

In My setup I use only deck A & B, the deck C&D never

(sometimes I use the effect using jogs)

• Sûlherokhh
    Options